62 coaches online • Server time: 20:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razmus

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2018 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

ImageAnd now a word from Bhenjamyn Sculkrak:
Friends. Have you outgrown your league? Got no where to go? You'll wanna hear this. The Isle of Misfit Teams is looking for you! The locals have only recently discovered Blood Bowl, but have started allocating fields to play and want experienced teams to come to the island to play. This could be your big break! We've a two kilo Gromril ingot to give away as the first tournament prize!

Folks in the past have asked what they should do with their 145 Club teams after the end of the season. If they're too big for another season of the 145, they are frequently abandoned... and languish on the Coach's roster. Folks have also wondered if there wasn't a post-145 place to play additional tournaments, and there are 145 Cups and occasional other events (GQ Ballroom Blitz for example.) The Isle of Misfit Teams isn't intended to take anything away from those. It's intended as a friendly place for coaches around CR 160 and below to play some more blood bowl and have fun. (And even that isn't a firm limit... if there are coaches who are fun to play, and also teach, they won't be kicked off the island.)

I wll tentatively plan to launch the first tournament on Wednesday, 9 May. Depending on how many teams we have at that point, we'll likely separate teams into divisions by TV and play a slow round robin tournament (two week rounds) followed by a single elimination playoff. The winner will get input in the format of the tournament playoff for season two. If interested sign up a team, and hopefully we'll be able to start something fun the second week of May. Again, these should be teams that maybe have a season or so somewhere else, but are still 'standard league' teams. 'Retired' 145 teams are ideal. But the islanders won't turn away new teams either... but they don't really want killer teams either, they haven't really acquired the taste for lotsa blood yet. They wanna see some 'good' games played... more elfball than broken skulls.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2018 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

applied with my very first fumbbl team.

Minions of Mabelrode

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2018 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a limit on team size?

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2018 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

cool stuff Razmus!
det

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2018 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

yey!! time to see if my unbeaten norse stay that way! (highly doubt it actually...)
Bartkolo

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2018 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Should be perfect for my soviet kosmonaut dark elves
razmus

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2018 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Is there a limit on team size?

I'm going to say there isn't, but I don't expect to see many teams with a value too much over 2M gold... with quite a few being in the TW 150-200 range.
My thinking goes something along the lines of: in my home TT league, teams usually just cross the TW 160 threshold, and the season ends and we go thru the end of season stuff which trims the team down. Teams also frequently get to about this size in 145 Club before the season winds down... usually about 10-15 games. HOWEVER, as a coach relatively new to FUMBBL and who loves league play, I've had the opportunity to play up 50-100% of my team value on occasion. It's a helpful skill to cultivate. (And one, like so many things, I'm very slowly learning.) That said, I also believe the most fun is playing teams somewhat close in value. Assuming we get a dozen or more teams, we'll be dividing into divisions based on TW, so at least initially big teams are more likely to face big teams. (Learning to control team bloat was also something that took me a little while to learn... that if there are a few big teams in the league, folks will tend to learn.)

Okay, long winded way of saying, "Great question koadah! I'm gonna say 'Nope, there isn't,' and see if I need to reconsider or regret that later." Laughing
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2018 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I have orcs around 2000. Need 6 more games for their hundred. Wink

I bet their old foes the WMDs are still out there somewhere. Wink

The O[L]C used to have a similar role. A few ex O[L]C teams seems fitting.

Heavyweight division? Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wyrms and Gekkos signing up. Maybe I'll learn to play high TV a little Very Happy
GorbadIronclaw

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

My Gridiron Bullies have been waiting for this for a long time, thanks for organising it Razmus.
razmus

Post   Posted: May 05, 2018 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams have been arriving on the island for days and enjoying the hospitality of the natives. Many bushels of exotic fruits have been converted into exotic beverages. Whole beasts have been roasted for the feasts.

It is clear that there will be more than one division. How many divisions will depend on how many teams are still en route. A few ships have still to dock in the harbor -- is your team on one? Season one set to begin this Wednesday!

Joe1982

Post   Posted: May 05, 2018 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in with the 'Gothic Girls United' Smile
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 05, 2018 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, tempting. 4 days to start, you say? Let me poll Away Team and Nasty, Brutish, and Green, see if either squad feels up for some new games.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2018 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I still have one old team that played in the 145 club back in 2006 & has not played at all since 2010. Sadly I am not free to play very much during May.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2018 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyrus-Havoc wrote:
I still have one old team that played in the 145 club back in 2006 & has not played at all since 2010. Sadly I am not free to play very much during May.

<Mssr Sculkrak>Have I got good news for you. While the initial season for the Isle begins in a mere four days, the residents have only built so many fields thus far. The round one deadline will be May 23rd, so you'll only have to play one game in May.</Mssr Sculkrak>

JackassRampant wrote:
Let me poll Away Team and Nasty, Brutish, and Green, see if either squad feels up for some new games.

Either team looks like exactly what the islanders are seeking. It would be additional teaching opportunities either way. Smile

And for the rest of the assembled coaches and teams: Welcome ashore! There's a fair chance we'll have three healthy divisions, and I look forward to seeing this launch.

Jump to: