41 coaches online • Server time: 12:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
VillainousIntent

Post   Posted: May 05, 2018 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Catacomb Calamities joined
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 05, 2018 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

There used to be a group called orca cola that did the same thing as 145 but for any coach and all TRs. It's a good trademark with heritage. See if an admin would add you to the group organisers section. Better than starting a new group imo.
razmus

Post   Posted: May 06, 2018 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh! Thank you. I hadn't seen the Orca Cola tournaments. (Did you mean the Orca Cola Cups or were there other Orca Cola group(s)?)

Bringing back the Open [L]eague Challenge group and Fumbbl Cup: Massive Edition were also mentioned by another very wise coach. There's also a few other groups which are used for tournaments more similar to the IoMT.

And I'd love to see all the groups revitalized.

I'm hoping the Isle will have a little different focus though -- primarily as a continuation for 145 coaches. My experience in 145 was very positive, and I'm grateful that some very kind coaches nudged me towards league play. I've had the opportunity to play friendly games against some excellent coaches. The IoMT, is intended to mostly guide newer coaches in that direction using teams they've already created... using the format I see most often in other leagues. Very experienced coaches in the mix are also helpful to teach/advise/provide tough competition.

That said, IoMT will also be slow... so plenty of time to play there and have other leagues going at the same time with other focuses.

Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: May 06, 2018 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

OK I will apply thanks Smile

Post   Posted: May 06, 2018 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

You could use the old Orca Cola group if you want but it will take a lot of work as everything is out of date. You have already put work in for the new group so I am not sure if there is any benefit.

Orca-Cola died as too few coaches applied & too many tournaments were being offered. The last commissioner left when LRB6 came in as he did not like the change. I was an admin for it at the time & apparently still am!

Post   Posted: May 06, 2018 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Are my orcs still OK? Are there enough heavyweights for them? Wink

It looks as though some old rivalries will be renewed.

Is Brasky in? Twisted Evil

Edit: What is the plan for season II divisions?
Promotion/relegation? TV? Mixture of both? Something else?

Post   Posted: May 06, 2018 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

K, I'm in with my Humans (see page 1 for link to Away Team).

Post   Posted: May 06, 2018 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Are my orcs still OK? Are there enough heavyweights for them? Wink

I'm going to say they're fine. They'll just barely be the largest team... but only when Smirnoff finally takes that eye-patch off. (Doncha think two years is a little long to milk an injury?) The heavy weight division will be quite competitive. Quite competitive. (The islanders are already making arrangements for the additional funerals and player insurance policies to ensure passage home if forceably retired. They've even invested in special contamination coffins to deal with Nurgle corpses.)

Good news! With the sudden influx of Orcs (which comprise the largest single population of players), imports of Orc goods into the port have provided your players a little slice of home away from home.

Quote:
Edit: What is the plan for season II divisions?
Promotion/relegation? TV? Mixture of both? Something else?

Season one will end with a standard elimination tournament. The standard team contract for the league has a little non-standard verbiage about the winner hosting season two. They are quite insistent that it isn't anything to worry about... the islanders have some interesting ideas about greased stunties, archers and something called pee-nut butter, but are looking forward to chatting up the winning coach to hear what they might want to try for season two.

Thank you everyone for joining! We're getting close to needing to start with more than three divisions in season one.

mx3wright

Post   Posted: May 07, 2018 - 06:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings! Is there still space to join? I am in NA time zone. Looking to play a rookie Simyin race.
razmus

Post   Posted: May 07, 2018 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Good morning mx3wright,
There is certainly room, I'm in NA myself. and I'd love to see the Banana Biterz join us on the isle. That said, they are still eligible to play in the 145 Club where I suspect the games will be a little more fun/balanced. On the isle, they would be the smallest team, but not by a lot, and it would fairly represent the learning opportunity of joining a small established league. Last season, I got to play a series of games with some games in an established league granting more than a million gold in inducements. The Banana Biterz's early games would grant upwards to half a million, and King Boombastic has said publicly that he knows all the best places on the island to visit and would love to come by a lot. (And at the moment, there is only one other Simyin team, and I think they'd end up in a different division.) If the Biterz they do come to the island... it's still early in the 145 Season... you may want to create another team to play in 145 too! I can't say enough good things about the 145 Club league.

And now for shameless plug! It would appear that the Banana Biterzz (two zeds) might be looking for a home temporarily as well. Before they play any games, as a Secret League team, they're eligible to play in the Old World Rookie Rumble, which is probably two weeks or so from starting a new tournament.

mx3wright

Post   Posted: May 07, 2018 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Now what do I do? 145 Leagues and Tournaments is in my Leagues and Tournaments.
How do I find games?
Rbthma

Post   Posted: May 07, 2018 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I just approved them mx3wright, so you should see a PM shortly.
Guardikai

Post   Posted: May 07, 2018 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Still accepting? Might put the Snuggle Tigers in (mid TV Zons) to teach people how to play dodge heavy teams. Also to get some practice vs all the chaos dwarf teams joining haha.
razmus

Post   Posted: May 08, 2018 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

@Guardikai, we'd love to have the Snuggle Tigers, but alas -- they appear to be in the [R]anked division rather than [L]eague.

razmus

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The first season on the Isle is reaching coming up to it's midpoint, and we've had a few teams arrive to the isle a little late. (Slow boats? slow healing? I don't question.) If there were 2-3 interested coaches with unattached teams in the 1400-1800 TW range (who don't already have a team on the island), we may be able to give them a home and games in the second half of the first season. Hopefully we'd still be able to get everyone finished at roughly the same time to start the playoffs in a couple months.
 Jump to: