36 coaches online • Server time: 11:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CthonicFlames

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so I understand that conceding is something that shouldn't really be done. Nuffle hates everyone equally, and there's always a chance he smiles upon you and grants you the comeback.

With that in mind, why then, is there a Concede button in the client? Why not just remove it if it only serves to be a non-option?
Zirgantz

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

So matches can be finished.
CthonicFlames

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Zirgantz wrote:
So matches can be finished.

So why is the UI element there at all?
kummo

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a part in game rules (crp) that states a legal concession.

If you can only field 1 or 2 dudes on LOS you can concede rest of the game during your setup phase for that drive.
gpope

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

It frequently takes an hour or more to finish a game, so it's important that there's a way to instantly and conclusively.end a game if something comes up and you have to leave in the middle. (It's also important to disincentivize its use so it doesn't get abused.)
Rbthma

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Page 15 and 29 of CRP is where the concession information is.

Here is where you'll find FUMBBL's rules on concessions. Personally I don't like conceding, and there are some coaches who will concede at the drop of a hat, but there are also cases where conceding is fine.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

You must have read the rules more recently than us.

https://fumbbl.com/p/help?op=rules

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

who says it shouldn't be done? it's totally fine, under the right circumstances. it's in the rules.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

So when you rage quit, you won't need an admin to release the teams from the match.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Beware that if you concede without very good reason, such as the rare case of only a couple of players being able to setup at kickoff, then you can lose star players from your team on top of the fact you don't get winnings.
I've had people disappear on me and eventually they have been admin conceded after we went through the disconnection procedure and the game wasn't finished normally. But I haven't played anybody who has used the button that I recall.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I suffered 2 ragequits against...one of which was my very first game on fumbll...the other was due to deaths...
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to get conceded against regularly. Then I started mauling people faster. It still happens sometimes.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

4650 games and never used it even If I have only been able to field 2 players.
I agree its not needed Very Happy
razmus

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh no, please don't take the concede button away.

While I've never used it, I did have a game where I was playing up 740k... lost the coin flip, but the kickoff resulted in a Blitz. Managed to kill one of my opponents blitzers and score a touchdown in turn one. I was SURE I was going to get slaughtered in that game, but my opponent decided the next fifteen turns weren't worth playing out, and conceded. The concede button gives the little guy the capability to bluff being meaner than they are... how else is the big dog gonna submit? Shocked

Irgy

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It's there because we're allowed use it under certain circumstances.

Which don't include having to go somewhere unexpectedly and not having time to finish, apparently. Despite people saying so in this thread. I even did it myself once, not knowing any better and just thinking it was the polite thing to do.
 Jump to: