43 coaches online • Server time: 20:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: May 30, 2018 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

awambawamb wrote:
...could we have an option to "opt out" from the ranking system?

Sure. It is called the [L]eague division!

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Boah, author just started this topic to never answer back or show up again. Sad

Answers have been on spot, nothing wrong there. His first and only 4 oponents were no nightmare at all neither. https://fumbbl.com/p/matches?c=SearchingForDevereaux
datom

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I do think we should remove the 'This division is a good starting place for new coaches' on the Create A Team page in Ranked, and also the 'This division is not recommended for newcomers to Blood Bowl' for BlackBox.

My feeling is now, especially with so many non-Tier 1 teams in the Box due to BBT, that Box is not a worse environment for new coaches. Not that it's ideal, either - but at least you aren't playing half your matches with the odds rigged against you from the start, as you struggle to work out what's a decent match-up while your opponent greenlights selectively.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

How active is 145 Club anyway? I once made an all Hobgoblin team in the division and used to put it on Gamefinder but there never seemed to be anyone looking for open play, like, ever...
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

MenonaLoco wrote:
Boah, author just started this topic to never answer back or show up again. Sad

Most of them just quit and never even bother to start a thread.

MenonaLoco wrote:

Answers have been on spot, nothing wrong there. His first and only 4 oponents were no nightmare at all neither. https://fumbbl.com/p/matches?c=SearchingForDevereaux

Three of his first four were super stars. That was after losing his first match to a coach ranked 145.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

145 Club is quite active. And Rbthma's blob is still the best place to keep up on it.... (so, according to that, they started a new season less than a week ago!) But the games in the 145 tournament aren't via gamefinder... it is it's own open round robin tournament. I don't see your team in there, but there's still lots of filler teams you can be swapped out for! (And I apologize. :blush: I just noticed that you aren't the normal sorta coach asking about the 145 Club. To you, I'll recommend talking to Rbthma. Smile As I recall, he normally brings in a small handful of coaches of your caliber with lineman/stunty teams to provide learning opportunities. Smile But I'll leave the rest of this msg intact in case there are relatively new folks to FUMBBL reading... )

There is/has been a lot of Secret League activity in gamefinder when I've looked... I mention because there are a couple different 'Hobgoblin' team rosters available there... (Hobgoblins and Hobgoblin Slavers) I mention it, 'cause if you put [SL] or (SL) at the beginning of the name, and throw them into Gamefinder, you might have better luck matching for a game. Alternately, there's a Matchmaking channel on the Secret League Discord server. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

@ razmus: What, you don't know who I AM? Laughing Well you could hardly be expected to. Wink I can't see any teams or tournaments in the group, maybe that's because I'm not in the group? Not sure I applied my team back when, I probably did, I guess? Well applied it again right now and sent a PM to Rbthma.

So then it's Open Round Robin and you go on Discord to look for games?
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Verminardo: Oh, we just haven't run into each other yet. I'm certain once you've slaughtered me in the Black Box, I won't soon forget ya. Smile

This is one of the dangers in 145 Club. There's more than one group by that name. The safest best is to use Rbthma's blog to get there... but this is the current list of teams:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=3180&p=teams
and the current tournament:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=3180&p=tournaments

(It appears you're using the older 2922 group... rather than 3180!)

Yes... normally once teams are in the Open Round Robin, games are coordinated either thru the 145-Discord Server and/or via a group PM.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Aaah okay I was looking at the wrong group. Very confusing... thanks!
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

fumbbl has the best coaches in the world. Losing is not a surprising thing. Fumbbl is also a great learning environment and coaches are friendly and don't rage quit. It's the best and most challenging place to play online by far. Just don't get discouraged and take losing as a learning opportunity.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks razmus! 145 is still active, we generally fill up the open round-robin tournament to the max 40 each time, but some coaches don't participate so much for whatever reason. The matches are usually arranged in the PM thread for the tournament or alternatively (this is much easier!!!) on discord where we have our 145 server...links in my blob (as per razmus) Wink

Super-star coaches are always welcome in the 145 to help out - there's tons of ways to do that, either by answering advice on discord or even doing learning matches in league, etc. It's up to the coach how much they want to do. Most of the coaches are pretty raw, with a few more experienced coaches trying out new stuff amongst them and the goals vary quite a bit too - from just having fun and meeting other coaches, to some who are really looking to get good quickly.

The new 145 group was made (I think) to do some new bbcode, and causes problems sometimes due to coaches having an old bookmark or somesuch. I try to advertise the new group regularly in my blog and on the forums under League to keep it visible though.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess to keep in on topic...

Ranked used to be a lot friendlier (imo) a few years back - I'd certainly see a lot more goofier builds that were intended for fun play over winning. Things change I suppose, but we still have options of how to play the game whether it's R, in the BBT, or in a league. Coaches have to stick around a bit is all, or they might not realize how many options there are here.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked is not supposed to be "friendly" like in a sense of a football friendly where it's an exhibition. It's still supposed to be cutthroat competition. I don't begrudge any coach in a game that I accept from trying to win as largely as possible
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Its friendly in the sense you can actually somewhat custom tailor your journey against teams and coaches you like. That may be a small thing that coaches without a sense of the parameters of Ranked and BB might whiff on but its something Ranked has over Box in usage.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2018 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

That's true. I just meant if you're turned off by competitive coaches ranked might not be the place for you.
 Jump to: