50 coaches online • Server time: 20:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Phid2273

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2024 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,
As the title says, I wanted to know if I would be able to learn mechanics and rules of the game by playing solo?

I don't have much free time at the moment a just wondered if that would be a viable way to play.

Any info and advice would be great.

Phil
Rhumy

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2024 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

You can play test game for ot
https://fumbbl.com/help:Test+mode
CoachBuck

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2024 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I started by playing exclusively Bloodbowl Chaos Edition, followed by Bloodbowl 2 against the AI. I felt it was a great way to learn the ropes of the game. Bloodbowl 3 is the edition with the current rules with an AI, but I feel the game is still a ways behind. The AI, which in previous games was already bad, is now just horrible, and some of the game mechanics are very awkward or glitchy. All the same, if I were learning how to play for the first time I would be playing against the Bloodbowl 3 AI. I'd play through the little campaign thing to get the feel of how the game works.

Test mode on Fumbbl is a great way to figure out the client and try out how actions work. Also a good way to understand teams with odd rules like bomber, leap, or dodging with titchy things.
Gridironman

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2024 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

playtest on this site is the best way but Coach Buck is right, the solo campaigns in BB2 and BB3 is good fun. I honestly believe this is the best place to become very strong at bloodbowl. Andy Davo is great, look into Purplechest I believe he has a podcast and the bonehead podcast for more info.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2024 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I would not look at the bonehead podcast for anything game related. They aren't very good.

Davo on the other hand, is quite good and will talk through his thought process on stream if prompted. Occasionally plays fumbbl too
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2024 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

You can spectate games in progress.

Also watch replays of previous games.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2024 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I really like the Bonehead podcast. Davo is the best bloodbowl mind for sure.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2024 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Bonehead too. Very Happy

Get ready for the next All Stars Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2024 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all for the information, really appreciate it. I'm loving the bonehead podcast myself( I'm listening to every episode and I'm currently at march 2020!

Thanks again:)
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2024 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Phid2273 wrote:
Thanks all for the information, really appreciate it. I'm loving the bonehead podcast myself( I'm listening to every episode and I'm currently at march 2020!

Thanks again:)

Bonehead podcast is great fun. I enjoy it as well.

Jump to: