41 coaches online • Server time: 10:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2018 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings Fumbblverse,

Your friendly neighbourhood gnoblar here discussing, yea you've guessed it, gnoblars!

I was wondering how come there hasn't been a rhinox posistion added to the gnoblar list? I've always been super iffy about having ogres play on a gnoblar team and I think a rhino would make a much more fluffier addition, plus the stat line writes itself!

It seems a shame to leave them out, especially when they are such a big part of gnoblar life (anyone remember that gnoblar hordes list were you could get a gnoblar honcho riding a Rhinox?)

Cheers,
Gnob
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2018 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it depends on where you stand on animals without the intelligence to understand the game, nor with hands being in the game.

I think most are against it. Even 4 legged creatures like bull centaurs lose some believability in being able to turn on a 6 pence.

There was at one point a unicorn in the official game, however it was really unpopular.

There are some really cool mounts in the game (rhinox being one of them). Lizards have some awesome ones too. In fact you could introduce barbarians with dinosaurs. Goblins on giant insects? Gnomes on giant snails?

There is massive of scope for 'dumb' animals.... however as a sub-game I think. A kind of violent polo. There is so much variety there. However they need special rules that would hinder the standard game.
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2018 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

For example, this could be like a Gnoblar riding the Rhinox, like in the squig herder team but there but must be some sort of negatrait like wild animal or bonehead

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2018 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

FinnDiesel wrote:
For example, this could be like a Gnoblar riding the Rhinox, like in the squig herder team but there but must be some sort of negatrait like wild animal or bonehead

Yea exactly! Maybe Really stupid as if it's being herded by gnoblars?

Wild animal, horns, loner, mighty blow, juggernaut, no hands I would go for.

I just feel it's fluffy (no pun intended) And gnoblars without a rhinox is like goblins without a troll!
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2018 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Talk to the secret League blokes about it

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2018 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

FinnDiesel wrote:
Talk to the secret League blokes about it

Secret League

This is about the only place you're going to 'maybe' see that, but Gnoblar have been quite established w/ Ogres on the team already so I doubt you'd get Garion to change anything. I've been wanting to see Ram Riders in the game myself, but outside of 'maybe' a star player type I know, unless I do a custom league myself, that I'm NOT going to see them from Garion.

Good luck!

Post   Posted: May 28, 2020 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I mean not for this game but i do like the idea of there being perhaps in the future another spin-off akin to Stunty that is dedicated around mounted players. There are a lot of various interesting mounts used across all the races.