39 coaches online • Server time: 10:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jimrod

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2018 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys, I'm sure it will have been brought up many times but I can't see it in search - I'm playing Blackbox and a team hasn't shown up (over 30 mins), is there an easy way to free up my team or do I have to email admin? It's very frustrating...

Thanks for any help.

*Edit - he's also been online twice during that time. Confused
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2018 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, go here to send a ticket:
https://fumbbl.com/p/support

by the way fret not, no shows happen rarely.
Jimrod

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2018 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you muchly! Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2018 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers! Smile
Khor_Varik

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2018 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

It may be better to have a look at it first: https://fumbbl.com/help:DisconnectionProblems
Jimrod

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2018 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd messaged him but no reply, he'd been on a couple of times since and didn't make any effort to contact me it seemed...
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2018 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Khor_Varik wrote:
It may be better to have a look at it first: https://fumbbl.com/help:DisconnectionProblems

No shows and drops are treated differently. You can get an instant cancellation with a no show.

Ranked and box no shows are also treated a bit differently..... Unless things have changed of course.
Jimrod

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2018 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, it all got resolved by admin and my team was freed up, great! Smile

So as of right now I get my first game back with my unlocked team - same opponent... He's been online playing a lot since, has a very good win/loss ratio with all his teams.

It's now turn 7/7 in second half - it's 1-1, I have the ball in hand 2 squares from the line and no way for him to reach me, guaranteed win. He's disconnected. It's been 15 mins+ I can timeout but I'll give him a little longer, could be an honest problem... Maybe. But what do I do now? Even if I win I guess the results won't get uploaded?

Thanks for any help!
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2018 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Through the link Khor_Varik provided there's info on how to deal with that. Basically they have 24hrs(I think?) to respond to the PM and after that admins can force the match through if nothing has been arranged.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2018 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Jimrod wrote:
He's disconnected. It's been 15 mins+ I can timeout but I'll give him a little longer, could be an honest problem... Maybe. But what do I do now? Even if I win I guess the results won't get uploaded?
Thanks for any help!

Don't time out disconnected people, it's against the rules.
You have to wait for him to reconnect.
Send a ticket to the admins in the mean time and be patient.

Last edited by MattDakka on Sep 16, 2018 - 19:06; edited 1 time in total
Jimrod

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2018 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh cool, thank you. I'll go back and read through...

It's finally a team that's working well for me so I'd rather not write the game off. I hope the other player has honest problems as when I was stuck before and I checked him out it looked like he'd not been playing long but had very good results, hopefully this isn't the reason why. Sad
Jimrod

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2018 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Jimrod wrote:
He's disconnected. It's been 15 mins+ I can timeout but I'll give him a little longer, could be an honest problem... Maybe. But what do I do now? Even if I win I guess the results won't get uploaded?
Thanks for any help!

Don't time out disconnected people, it's against the rules.
You have to wait for him to reconnect.
Send a ticket to the admins in the mean time and be patient.

Thank you, I've PM'd him and will send a ticket. The admins cancelled the previous game on your advice, thank you for that.

Do you know how the game will be ended if he doesn't show or if I should even close the client? It's open on 50mins+ turn waiting, it seems very suspicious to me that he went when I was about to win, just before the final turn when there's no way to stop me scoring. I hope it's a genuine disconnect though.

If I close the client will I lose my previous turn if he disconnected before? That's what's concerning me really - I just want my fair win, I haven't had many in the time I've been back playing! I don't want to have to replay the actions I've done and risk it failing either! :\

As always thanks for all the information, I'm out of the loop and know it must be annoying!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2018 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

You're welcome, I like to help! Smile
Don't worry, you can close the client anytime, the server will save the game at the point you are, previous turns will not be lost.
You and your opponent will be able to resume it from that point.
Jimrod

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2018 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome! Thanks a bunch for that, is reassuring at least! Smile

I can now go and relax without waiting anxiously at my PC. Smile

Have a nice evening!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2018 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, have a nice evening too!
 Jump to: