20 coaches online • Server time: 09:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Roll up, roll up, North American coaches! The great Slann necromancer, Sloss-ti would like to announce that recruitment for Season 6 of Secret League Americas is now open!

You thought it would never happen and neither did Sloss-ti, but it did! Finally, after winning the league three seasons in a row, emperor MrNomad and his near-unbeatable Northern Nippons have been knocked off their throne. The challenger? An upstart band of pirates that only just landed on the shore of Lustria a couple of months ago, led by coach Azure. For the time being, they are Sloss-ti's golden boys, dining at his grand palace every night. But, the big question is ... do you have what it takes to show them a thing or two and stake a claim to the Crown of the New World?

If so, then this is the right league for you!

SLA is a round robin league that runs on a weekly schedule. It's open to any coaches who will be available to play in most American timezone evenings (about 00:00 - 07:00 bbtime). The divisional structure tends to be flexible. For Season 5, we had two divisions - higher and lower TV, each with 10 teams. In the past, we have also had an East coast/West coast split in the divisions, but that will depend on whether enough coaches sign up. I will make space for any and all teams that apply. That's right! There is no upper limit to how many teams can play in SLA! Smile

Following the round-robin phase, SLA typically concludes with a final knockout playoff tournament to determine the overall league winner. Last season, the top 5 from the Upper Tier and the top 3 from the Lower Tier made it to the final.

And (as if that wasn't enough), we also have a plethora of awesome player prizes and lost treasures that can be won, for those that dare to brave the hazards of the Lustrian jungle.

How to apply:

Established SLA coaches from last season: please confirm by posting in this thread if you are in for Season 6; which team you are going to be playing, and which coast you prefer.

For new coaches that want to join SLA: post here stating which team you intend to play. Note that only 1 team of each race is allowed in SLA (you can see which teams are already taken on the league's 'teams' page). You will most likely be starting off in the Lower Tier division, so you won't have to face the high-TV teams right away. (You can find more information on the SLA group page, by clicking on the banner at the top of this post).

I am going to aim to kick off Season 6 next weekend (3/4 Nov). Also, for anyone who is interested, make sure to read Garion's blog about the recent changes to Secret League, including a bunch of brand new teams.

Sloss-ti says: don't miss out folks! Get in now, while you can! Very Happy

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I'm in!

Clan Moulder, East Coast

(that's right, Furry Rampage are returning! Very Happy)

Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Stepping away from Khorne for now.
Bringing either Kurgan, or Khainite Assassins. Depends which one gets more games before entering the lower tier
Tzalaran

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The Disapperators ethereals will return this season. Central time, so either coast can work for me.
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in as the Denver Damsels(Witch Elf). Secret League Americas West Coast.
Fool

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to join (new to SL) as an Avelorn teams. I want to brain storm on a team name/theme before I create them, is that okay?

I'm on the West Coast, but I can make East Coast times work too.

Last edited by Fool on Oct 29, 2018 - 06:04; edited 1 time in total
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 06:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Perennial regular season powerhouse/ post season punching bag Ecstasy and Agony will return.

West Coast, if that matters.

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadow Horde will return. Someone has to be there to show the rest of the league how to deal with Samurai!

East Coast.
pdarbs

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

my rasetra, rubble rousers are back for more hilarity. either TZ still good
razmus

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

⚰️Dead Men Walking⚰️ shall return for a fourth season, but as they tend to want to return to their tombs early in the evening, would prefer to play on the East Coast.

MrNomad

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Shogun shall return and claim what is rightfully theirs!!! Twisted Evil
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2018 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

my Araby will be back
razmus

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2018 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

MrNomad wrote:
Shogun shall return and claim what is rightfully theirs!!! Twisted Evil

The cursed half-brassiere? Is this a clue to it's origin? Does the Shogun secretly hold the other half?
Wait! It's currently being held by a team that isn't playing this season, but isn't eligible to carry it off to their homeland. What ever will become of it?

And I can't recall... was the other lost treasure ever recovered?
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2018 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Anti's Khorne were holding the half-brassiere, but she is starting a new team so will effectively be forfeiting it. The other mask thingy got lost between seasons too, so both will need to be uncovered again this season Wink

Man, these things keep on getting lost. Sloss-ti simply can't keep track of them! XD

JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2018 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick note to everyone: I am going to accept teams etc over the next couple of days, but I'm going through a v busy spell, so please be a little patient. All new teams can play 3 prep games vs any other SL teams, they don't have to be accepted into the league to do that Smile

Jump to: