36 coaches online • Server time: 14:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: May 29, 2019 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

You be the judge.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=4067336

Post   Posted: May 29, 2019 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

ummm maybe describe why first, as of now i assume it is not worth the look
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: May 29, 2019 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't have posted it if it weren't worth a look.

For what it's worth even regulation was worth a look as it was an amazing back and forth match where both teams saw amazing plays and ridiculous bad luck. But that's to be expected in a high TV vampire mirror. But it's the OT that really stood out.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2019 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Question is not nuffle hates u there with pitch invasion. Question is, what u can do better to win the overtime. And there i have to say, maybe u have to go forward in turn 2 OT instead of backward. Especially when u are in blitzrange in your own endzone... Lucky ofc for your opponent, but who gives him the chance?
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: May 29, 2019 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

No doubt hindsight offers potential for critique. Clearly my choice of action was the incorrect one given I lost. However, moving forward would have put me in blitz range of the strip ball thrall (and no hope for anything resembling an adequate cage, not that that worked previously anyway) who had already stolen the ball from me twice this match.

Ultimately I think I should have retreated more players and formed a better screen AND gfi one extra square with the ball carrier to prevent any possible blitz on the ball. I was trying to preserve my last rr and honestly didn't envision a scenario where he could have actually blitzed me with the amount of dice it took just to get there, much less pow, MUCH MUCH MUCH LESS anticipate the 1-in-8 bounce.

So, sure, I could have played differently and/ or better. But wow. I thought I had that match pretty easy before the kick happened. It's the combination of the Invasion (HALF my team including my best player/ ball retriever!), the failed BL rolls (costing me my T2 blitz), and then the extraordinary luck on the scoring turn that rank this as a contender for the most BS OT of all time.