44 coaches online • Server time: 13:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think implementing the automatic concession of no-showers would save lot of time and hassle to the committed coaches who don't waste time and respect the schedule.
My idea is this one:
if you don't show up within 10 minutes of a draw your team automatically concedes the game.
For example, if the draw happens at 15:15 you must be in-game within 15:25 or you will lose the game by concession.
Alternatively, if this is not possible, it would be great to lock the no-shower's account automatically so he can't play in other divisions until he plays his scheduled game.
Chivite

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the Idea, but I wouldnt be so radical about it, 10 min can be explained by many day to day things. But I believe a 3h no-show is reason for freeing teams, could that be automated?
And im not a fan of it being a concession, disengaging the teams should be just fine, no?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Well 3 hours would be better than nothing, the time could be adjusted, the goal is avoiding the interaction with admin (to avoid him hassle and work) and opponent coach.
I suggested 10 minutes because that way you could activate for the next draw and limit the time waste.
Just automatically disengaging the team is open to exploit because people could avoid bad match-ups.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %06, %2019 - %18:%May; edited 3 times in total
stowelly

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Id also be for a concession for not showering for tabletop games too Very Happy
Strider84

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Avoiding bad matchups could be negated by banning multiple time offenders
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Bad idea IMO.

The very few people who deliberately use the system in bad faith need admin attention anyway, because they will most likely be banned from the site altogether when a pattern emerges. Most coaches don't want to leave people hanging and most games eventually get played. So this would only be punishing people for misunderstandings and real-life issues.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:
Avoiding bad matchups could be negated by banning multiple time offenders

They could just remake a new account, while the honest coaches would be penalized by the waste of time without any reward.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
Bad idea IMO.
most games eventually get played. So this would only be punishing people for misunderstandings and real-life issues.

1) The important thing is WHEN they get played.
If I activate today I don't want to wait for a week to finish my game, I could have something to do later, for example a travel for work.
If I activate today it's because I can and want to play today, not a week or a month later.

2) About misunderstandings: the no-showers I found were coaches not new to FUMBBL and with many games played in the Box, so they were not ignorant about how the Box scheduler works.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't shower when I'm filthy with luck since it would wash the luck off, I have to let it fall off naturally Very Happy

But seriously...how much of a problem is this? I've had to use the reporting system about a box match twice ever. I have seen some suspicious unplayed matches here and there, but who can say what's happened.

Seems like a draconian solution to a largely non-existent problem.

Perhaps have the computers rigged to blow up in your face if you don't make it to the match within 15 minutes, or electric shock if you go past 4 minutes on a turn? ^-^
koadah

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

20-25 minutes is more reasonable than 10mins.

The problem here is players leaving the team on the concession.
People who are delayed for legitimate reasons are going to be very P***ed off if they lose a good player because of it. Some of them won't be back to the Box again.

this is why Cyanide works the way it does.

As for locking accounts... If this is a Box problem, it should only affect Box teams.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:

But seriously...how much of a problem is this? I've had to use the reporting system about a box match twice ever.

It happened to me several times, but for me it would be a problem even if it happened once, I'm a committed coach and take schedule seriously.
Well, I played 2870 games in the Box, you 400, I guess I found more no-showers due to sample size's difference.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
20-25 minutes is more reasonable than 10mins.

The problem here is players leaving the team on the concession.
People who are delayed for legitimate reasons are going to be very P***ed off if they lose a good player because of it. Some of them won't be back to the Box again.

this is why Cyanide works the way it does.

As for locking accounts... If this is a Box problem, it should only affect Box teams.

Well, if losing pixels might be an issue, even the simple concession (with CR loss and % win rate loss) without losing players would be better than having to rely on no-shower's willingness to be back and finish the game.
On the other hand, if a no-shower left the Box due to the concession, it would be good for the Box.
Box doesn't need no-showers and leavers, they just waste time and make the division lose credibility.
No-shower must be punished, therefore his account should be locked at least in Box and Ranked.
It's too easy not to show up to a Box game, then logging back when your opponent is offline and playing games in Ranked and in Box (true story).
Lorebass

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 20:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

We already have a thing for this...
Write up a ticket using the help tab. GreatThanksBye
koadah

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You think that it would be good for the Box?

I suspect that the admins already have the tools that they need to punish no-showers.

Personally, I admit that I have twice completely forgotten that I had activated for the Box.
I have certainly taken more than 10 minutes to join a match more than twice.

But don't worry, I won't be bothering you "committed" coaches any longer.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2019 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, last time I wrote a ticket to report my opponent's leave, after 13 days the game got cancelled against my will by admin to free "ticket space" up, so this time I didn't send any ticket, I just invited an admin to the PM I sent to the no-shower (I had to contact him first, even if he should have contacted me first).

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %06, %2019 - %20:%May; edited 2 times in total
 Jump to: