67 coaches online • Server time: 23:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should we change it?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 11 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 11 ]
An option for TO select either
29%
 29%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 31

MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: May 30, 2019 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Walgis idea - if it's possible, i would love to see it as a league option for people to try it out.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 31, 2019 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I do like RR saving element though. So maybe the one with the most RRs gets to choose whether they kick or receive. I'm also warming to the 5 turn thing, but maybe 6 is fairer?
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: May 31, 2019 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm or why not have the rerolls added to a 1d roll when deciding who gets the ball?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 31, 2019 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

If that were the case i dont think I would save them in regular time.
tmoila

Post   Posted: May 31, 2019 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Penalty kicks, because the term itself is far better than penalty shootout.

"Penalty kick competition
If game is tied after 8 turns of overtime, a penalty kick competition will be held out in the following sequence:
1)Team who received the kick-off in overtime will start the penalty kicks (thus becoming the kicking team).
2)Opposing (receiving) team will place any player from the reserves in any square on the pitch, prone.
3)Kicking team will then place any player from reserves next to previously placed prone player, standing, and immediately perform a foul action.

This continues in reverse order [kicking team places a player from reserves prone, receiving places standing and fouls] until a player is removed from the pitch. Team who has a player removed from the pitch immediately loses the match. [In sequence, thus a player getting sent off will mean a loss only if no KO or CAS occurs.]

If team runs out of players in reserves, they may use any non-stunned players on the pitch. If team has no non-stunned players and no reserves, they may only receive kicks until they can perform a foul action.

Any team reroll a team has may be used in penalty shootout to reroll any armor or injury roll.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2019 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Penalty kicks looks a really great idea! Razz
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: May 31, 2019 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
Penalty kicks,
Oh god, I love it!!!
Plus the added bonus of hopefully killing an opposing player with the kick.

I may introduce this to my TT league
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 31, 2019 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Two neighbors, Mr. Jones and Mr. Brown share houses adjacent to each other. An apple tree on Mr. Brown's property is near the dividing fence, and dangles many branches of ripe succulent apples over Mr. Jones's yard.

Mr. Jones sees the apples hanging over his yard, grabs a bucket, and starts harvesting.

Mr. Brown storms out of his house in protest. "Hey, those are my apples! My tree! My apples!"

Mr. Jones rebuts, "These apples dwell on my property! My property! My apples!"

The two neighbors dig in on their stance on why the apples belong to them, neither giving ground.

Eventually Mr. Brown says, "Fine. I propose a solution to who owns the apples. We'll penalty kick for them. We each take turns kicking each other in the nuts until one says 'Uncle' and loses the apples."

Mr. Jones thinks a bit and agrees. "You got a deal!"

Mr. Brown says "Ok, I'll go first." He takes several steps back, gets a running start, and POW! Right into Mr. Jones's nuts.

Jones instantly falls to the ground, clutching himself in ultimate pain. "OooooowwwwWWWWWwwwOOOOoOWWWWw! AaaaRRRRRRGGGhhhhhGGH! Hoooooooooo! Oooooooh! OH! AaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHAAAAAHHHH! #$$%@ @#$^@# @$#^@#$@ @$^$%&@$^%@$$@!@ flyin' #$^@#@$$@&!"

After several minutes of torture on the ground. Mr. Jones bites down and struggles victoriously to his feet. "Ok," he says between hard breaths. "My turn."

Mr. Brown smirks and answers, "Uncle." and walks away laughing.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2019 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

How can I rate Arktoris post??? Want to rate it 6!!!!
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: May 31, 2019 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

hahahahaahahahahaaaa
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2019 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

CroixFer wrote:
How can I rate Arktoris post??? Want to rate it 6!!!!
I was thinking the same thing, ROFL
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2019 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

RIP Buddy Hackett

(the original who told the joke)

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2019 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

My preference. No players may set up on LOS on middle most 3 squares either side.
Ball is placed on a 1d6 roll 123 on one side corresponding square number, 456 on the other corresponding square number. Whatever side the ball lands on, the other team go first.

Diving catch applies. (or does it? )

This would mean that the ball starts in the middle of the field. It lands in front of defenders of the other side (assuming that the defenders had players start within tacklezone of the ball, which any coach worth their salt would). Now here is where the fun starts.

Bashy vs bashy, the ball is between your LOS players. Thud away. 50/50

Bashy def vs agile attack. Agile now has to sneak the ball away, possible although the bashy defender will have tackle and maybe diving tackle around the ball. They then need to decide to pass out within 1tz or dodge out. Any failure and they will get bashed. 50/50

Bashy attack vs agile defense. Side step players are put near the ball. The bashy attack will try to bash the players away. They will probably move players around the ball first and then send a thrower to collect it. If they can't bash the markers away, then the agile team get a chance to regain the ball. 65/35.

Agile vs agile. This will advantage the attacker. If the attacker can scoop up the ball, then a 1 turner would have a tie breaker advantage.
The big difference here is that with a kick to the attacker, you don't have the ball around marked players. Now the defense would have the opportunity to mark the ball. So less of a run, but should be harder to get the ball.
 Jump to: