23 coaches online • Server time: 08:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: May 30, 2019 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you think of the different competing stars for Undead in BB2016? I see there being 4 or so distinct TV bands.

100-130 (The Foulers)

Here we have Throttlesnot ‘The Impaler’, ‘Rotten’ Rick Bupkeis, and Bryce ‘The Slice' Cambuel.

I feel like Rotten Rick is the best of the 3 as he is the only one without secret weapon and he is 10k less than inducing a merc DP zombie with sneaky git for free. I think I would go with him unless I was facing zons or something and wanted to kill Blodge, where I would go for Bryce.

160-190 (The Ball Carriers)

G’Ral Blodschüker and Skrull Halfheight. G'Ral is a major upgrade over his CRP predecessor. He lost 10k in price and 1 MA, but wrestle over diving catch is great and so is sure feet over sprint. I think G'Ral is the better bet if you are low on ghouls as he is a lot more versatile with that wrestle and catch/sure feet could lead to safer handoffs. I only see value in Skrull if you are facing someone who has a cage breaker and you have no surehands because lacking block hurts a lot.

230-280 (Super Positionals?)

Ivan ‘The Animal’ Deathshroud, Frank N Stein, and Gretchen
Wächter ‘The Blood Bowl Widow’

I think Gretchen is useless. Maybe has an edge case against elves, but really is just a pointless joke character. Ivan is worse than his CRP predecessor IMO with the loss of break tackle, but he has Block (tackle, juggs, and strip ball) so IMO he is the best of the 3 and I would most likely take him.

Frank looks cool, but he is in pretty much the same TV band as Ivan who has block, which means I think I would much prefer Ivan unless I really felt I needed to fill in for a MNG mummy and needed the ST 5. Frank also suffers because he is just about the same TV as Zugg on the human team, and Zugg has block, and Chaney (and Ivan) on the necro team and I don't see how you pass up Chaney for Ivan or Frank

360-390 (the superstars)

Ramtut III and Count Luthor von Drakenborg

I think you only are going to see Ramtut play for the Khemri as the Count is so much better. I guess if you are a newer player or only have 360-380 in inducements you would go with Ramtut. Ramtut seems easier for less experienced players to use, and can blow up cages, but Count has hypnogaze which is just a way better skill (and doesn't result in a turnover from a failure).

Of the other inducements, when they are added I think the 30k for the weathermage is a steal for undead, to be able to fix the weather for a turn if you need to pick up as an AG 3 team with no native sure hands or make some GFI.

I am not sure if the race specific wizard is better than the generic bb2016 wizard.

If you don't know the race specific wizard for undead can do either, INCORPOREAL: Cast at the start of any of your opponent’s turns, before any player performs an Action. Target any opposition player. On a 3+, it becomes strangely incorporeal! The player gains the No Hands skill
and will immediately drop the ball if it was carrying it, causing it to bounce once. Additionally, the player loses their tackle zones. Incorporeal lasts until the start of your opponent’s next turn.

Or

VANHALABLES DANS MACABRE: Cast at the start of any of your turns, before any player performs an Action. Roll a D6. On a 3+, all Skeleton and Zombie players on the pitch gain +1MA, +1AG and +1AV until the start of your next turn.

(I have no idea why vamps have access to this Wiz)

Vs generic BB2016 wizard

Fireball: Cast either at the start of any of your turns, before any player performs an Action, or immediately after your turn has ended, even if it ended with a turnover. Choose a target square anywhere on the pitch. Roll a D6 for each standing player (from either team) that is either in the target square or a square adjacent to it. If the score is a 4 or higher, then the player has been hit by the Fireball and is Knocked Down, as if they had been Knocked Down by a player with the Mighty Blow skill. If a player on the moving team is Knocked Down by a fireball, then the moving team does not suffer a turnover unless the player was carrying the ball at the time.

OR

Zap!: Cast either at the start of any of your turns, before any player performs an Action, or immediately after your turn has ended, even if it ended with a turnover. Target any opposition player and roll a D6. If the score is equal to or higher than that player's ST, that player turns into a frog for the remainder of the drive, after which the coach will secure emergency magical assistance in the Dugout to turn the player back into their original form. A natural roll of 1 always fails and a natural roll of 6 always succeeds, regardless of the target's ST.

If the player was carrying the ball when they were turned into a frog, it is dropped and will bounce once. If the frog is Injured, it will be Badly Hurt and miss the rest of the game. At the end of the game, the player is returned to normal shape with no ill effects. The frog has the following profile: MA5 ST1 AG4 AV4 Dodge, Leap, No Hands, Stunty, Titchy, Very Long Legs

Both Wizards are 150k and you can only hire 1 per game
Wolbum

Post   Posted: May 30, 2019 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the cost reduction for Ramtut was huge and I actually rate him significantly higher than the count. Unlike the Count, Ramtut can act as both a really solid roadblock with his Str6 and Break Tackle let's him get out of tight situations on a 2+. That and it let's him cage dive and sack the carrier far better than the count could dream of.

I also think Frank is also a great roadblock for his price point. Not only does he have Str5 but like Ramtut, Break Tackle, so you can reposition him a lot easier.
Joe1982

Post   Posted: May 30, 2019 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Ramtut over the count in most situations too. To get the most of the count you often want to dodge, and without the skill and loner it's always a risk. You tend to need to use break tackle on Ramtut less often. It can be good to take both when you have a load of inducements - you get a lot of extra, fairly mobile stength and useful tricks with their combined abilties to cage break and create space. I haven't used Frank yet but he looks good value. Also like the look of Ivan - would probably take Setekh in most situations, but if I was short on tackle against dodgers he'd get the nod for me.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: May 30, 2019 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Joe1982 wrote:
I like Ramtut over the count in most situations too. To get the most of the count you often want to dodge, and without the skill and loner it's always a risk. You tend to need to use break tackle on Ramtut less often. It can be good to take both when you have a load of inducements - you get a lot of extra, fairly mobile stength and useful tricks with their combined abilties to cage break and create space. I haven't used Frank yet but he looks good value. Also like the look of Ivan - would probably take Setekh in most situations, but if I was short on tackle against dodgers he'd get the nod for me.

Setekh isn't in bb2016. He is only still on fumbbl because we see using hybrid rules. It's like how Zara also isn't in the new rules
Dominik

Post   Posted: May 30, 2019 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:

Setekh isn't in bb2016. He is only still on fumbbl because we see using hybrid rules. It's like how Zara also isn't in the new rules

If that is true then I vote for removal of Setekh and Zara immediately on FUMBBL.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 30, 2019 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ramtut would be better with Block. I understand he can be a cage breaker, but most of times it's better to have him standing, with Wrestle he is Placed Prone more easily when blocking/ being blocked.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: May 30, 2019 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
ph0enyx13 wrote:

If that is true then I vote for removal of Setekh and Zara immediately on FUMBBL.

We have hybrid rules like NAF because only 5 teams have their full set of 10 star players now. Zara pretty explicitly marries borak and retires in spike 1. I think we should remove access to crp star players for teams who have a spike supplement already put. Ie chaos, dark elves, nurgle, undead, and in 2 days flings
Garion

Post   Posted: May 30, 2019 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I think we should remove access to crp star players for teams who have a spike supplement already put. Ie chaos, dark elves, nurgle, undead, and in 2 days flings

That is what's happening

Post   Posted: May 30, 2019 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Quote:
I think we should remove access to crp star players for teams who have a spike supplement already put. Ie chaos, dark elves, nurgle, undead, and in 2 days flings

That is what's happening

Cool. I know it is a pain in the ass to make the new icons and implements the new rules some of the stars have.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2019 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Is Bryce an upgrade or downgrade to Hack Enslash?
 Jump to: