23 coaches online • Server time: 10:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you use Special Play Cards in your Table Top Blood Bowl?
Nope, never use them.
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Yes, we use CRP cards or a subset.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, we use BB2016 cards.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Yes, we use a mix of depending on what the individual coaches have available.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Yes, but we use some other or custom card set.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pie is round! Those cards are all too square, man.
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

razmus

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2019 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

My local table top group has made Special Play cards a required element of the game for the first time this season. (Both CRP and BB2016!) They are still only purchased with inducment money though. Before this season, they were an optional element, if both coaches agreed to their use. Personally, I'm still struggling with their use... since there are many different decks out there, and when I sought to acquire a couple general purpose decks, discovered they're already out of print and unavailable through several of my usual purchasing channels.

I will say, I love how special play cards are implemented on FUMBBL. I like that the commishioner can easily choose that each team is automatically entitled to a set number or can be purchased as inducements. (But I also kinda like that there are only twenty-four cards, and I can kinda keep them in mind when I know my opponent has unused cards. I can understand the appeal of pulling a completely new/unexpected card on your opponent though. I think I'd be best prepared for the un-anticipated cards with a beer in my hand though. I've very thankful we usually play in a friendly pub.)

I don't think I've seen the cards used at a tournament yet... although I think I've seen specific cards special printed for a tournament, that hasn't been the sort of tournament I've attended. Smile

I am curious though; how are other table top groups using (or not using) Special Play cards? Does your group use them? How do y'all use them? Are they liked/loved/hated/ignored by coaches? Which decks do your local coaches own and/or use? Have you used special play cards at a tournament? If so, how did that go?

pokrjax

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2019 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I allow them in my league but they are not often used. A few coaches have the new version of the game so have access to the new cards and some also have some of the additional decks. I think overall people feel that there are too many game breaking cards amongst the various decks and are therefore reluctant to use them. This really comes, imo, from the fact that the new cards are not costed but are given freely and in a random way in terms of how many cards are available to each team, which can really unbalance a game.
 Jump to: