13 coaches online • Server time: 06:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CarlBlitz

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2019 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Once more any advice is appreciated. Running another elf team in a private league.
Three matches to go before the final. (ie 4 matches max left of the season)

I’ve not been very lucky through the group plays with injuries and have lost lots of spp and have been forced to fire a catcher. Still around the same level of spp and TV as my opponents, and maintain 2:nd place out of 12 teams.

Team:
Two blitzers with dodge, one of the also has tackle
Thrower with strong arm
One catcher with dodge
Linemen, one with kick, one with wrodge, one with wrestle, rest unskilled.

And my star:
Catcher with dodge, plus str and last match got 31 spp for a sure block... but got 11 and couldn’t resist the +agi.

How should I develop him after this? Block still my main proposal, but after that?
Any other thoughts on how to skill other players to get most use of +str +agi catcher?
I have 100k gold so probably gonna buy third catcher before next match.

Last edited by CarlBlitz on Aug 28, 2019 - 16:37; edited 4 times in total
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2019 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd probably go Block/Tackle/Leap and go after the ball
Java

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2019 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

wrestle, leap, tackle

maybe even leap first if you're going to save the apo for him every single game
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2019 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Questions:

Is this only max 4 games for the team, or does it continue next season?
If you continue with the team, is there a rebuy?
If you do not continue with the team, are you in contention for finals?

Lastly,

Taking into account all of the above, do you wish a "win now" skill or a conservative choice for steady growth?

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2019 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

No. I can use them in more leagues to come. But don’t know. I love play elves, but pro elves might be a little too squishy for me. But most likely I will play with them again. Especially if my star catcher works well.

I would prefer skills for long term progression. That said I will commit to win the rest of the matches in the league.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2019 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

For immediately winning games i would actually suggest taking leap before even block now. And would follow that with wrestle or block.

For long term, whether you intend a ballcarrier or sacker is the question - wrestle is far superior for a sacker and he is already best equipped to do it. But with ag5 he could take block and be the retrieval man just as easily.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2019 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'd be tempted to go for the AG anyway. An 8457 Dodge player might be squishy, but he can also pull his own weight in many ways. He can tie up more than his normal share of opponents, and he can go amazing places wide zone to wide zone, up and down the pitch, as long as the tackle zones aren't too thickly spread. +AG and Dodge makes him highly mobile - in most occasions more so than with Leap.
CarlBlitz

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2019 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx for advice Lord_Bromhidrosis. I went for the +agi but my question is where to go from there. Should I go for protection and take Block and perhaps fend or go for the sacking route and get wrestle and leap.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2019 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I would attempt to recreate this player - https://fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=8860574

Obviously without the +MA Wink