59 coaches online • Server time: 23:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Endrophil

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2019 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought a player with Leader has to be put on the field at the start of the drive for the leader reroll to get it.

Situation:
Opponent uses last reroll in turn 7, I score, leader comes back, he puts him on the field, gets an extra reroll for the kick-off event AND the leader reroll. So it actually didn't matter but this is not intended, right?
Sharper

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2019 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see the problem.
The situation sounds fine. He was on the field when the drive started, and got the Leader RR if it hadn't been used yet that half.

If you're meaning only at the start of the HALF, then i can see the confusion, but the situation you said sounds like it played out correctly.
Fumbbl only shows the leader RR when he's on the field. When the leader gets KO'd it takes it away.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2019 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

"A team with one or more players with the Leader skill may take a single re-roll counter"

Note that they get the re-roll regardless of whether the player is on the pitch at the start of the half.

"The Leader re-roll may only be used so long as at least one player with Leader skill is on the pitch"

They may only USE the re-roll if the player is on the pitch.

The client doesn't word it super well as to the fine details, but the result does follow the rule; and the wording that the client uses is (to me) more intuitive than the actual rules wording.
Endrophil

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2019 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I mean start of the half... sorry.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2019 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

right, your leader does NOT need to be on at the start of the half. as long as he's on the roster, you get the extra re-roll. however, you may not USE the extra re-roll unless the leader is on the pitch.

so, at the start of the half, your leader is NOT on the pitch (say because he was KO'd). You STILL get the re-roll, but you cannot USE it. Then, someone scores on turn 7. The leader wakes up, and goes on the pitch. At THAT time, the re-roll may now be used, absolutely.
 Jump to: