37 coaches online • Server time: 16:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NickNutria

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2019 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played almost a third of my games, they are great fun, but I'm now getting used to loose with almost any team. From my gobbos I didn't expect much: the doom diver is great fun, but he alone cannot win me games: 0 wins, 2 ties and 6 losses so far.
Just as frustrating my chaos pact team: 1 win, 0 ties and 6 losses so far. With losing games I also loose more and more players: 1 mino, I skaven lineman, 1 orc lineman and the gobbo already left the team. Now I plan on skilling up only the dark elf lineman maybe that might work out.
Next depressing game my lizards: 1 win, 1 tie and 6 losses up to now. Losing the little ones doesn't help and not easy to skill up the lizards.
The only team that is doing a little better are my dark elves: already 2 wins, 5 ties and only 2 losses.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2019 - 20:40
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Whoever starts the game first, sets if it's R game or B game.

Brawl against R team, just start the game early and send game name after. Smile

For Box sprints this is correct.

However, I'm pretty sure Christer has set up the Trophy to capture every game your teams play, no matter the opponent. Home or away.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2019 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Chivite wrote:
Im half way there! (Insert here mental tune of livin' on a prayer)

amazing run so far, lovely skill ups in my dark elf team, with 6 doubles, 1 +S and a deceased +S blitzer and +M blitzer.

Wow, over 50 matches in 10 days! That's about my year total recently.
I can imagine that amount of play does help you improve quickly as you are so focused on BB. As long as you don't go on auto pilot. Well done on the win rate.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2019 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly a noob question but I couldn't see it easily - how long so I have for these games if I sign up?

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2019 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

If you click on the BBT3 tab on the home page, top of the table of teams it says how many days left. 354 at the time of writing this.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2019 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

D'oh! I'd missed that... thanks!

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2019 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a stats page anywhere? Races chosen, average points per race etc.? I can probably build a script to do it when I get some time in a few days but I don't want to repeat work that I happened to miss.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2019 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

No current numbers are displayed but Christer posted charts for the last season on page 1 of this thread.
Christy

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2019 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. Will give it a go. Doesn't seem to be set up like a normal group and the bbcode scores don't pop up in the HTML. If I find a way to view the current scores via code I will do up a closer to live version.
Christer

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2019 - 18:53
FUMBBL Staff

There's an API that allows you to view historical standings for those of you who are interested and have the technical skills to use it:

https://fumbbl.com/api/boxtrophy/standings?season=2
DaCoach

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2019 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Great stuff - been wanting to record my scores. Racial leads?
Christy

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2019 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah. And here was me trying to find a complicated solution. That should work thank you.
Christy

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2019 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So I have some of this done. Unfortunately I have a very busy weekend so the first graphs will be going up next week sometime.

What do people want?

I have races popularity and success per game (and one that adds in the bonus points for picking weaker races).

I break it down by race tier as well so it is easy to see the breakdown in each section.

Early points. Obviously Dark Elves have been incredibly incredibly popular. Both in times chosen and games played. However Undead have been the most successful on a per game basis. Norse are up there as well, especially when you consider they are a 2 point race.

Down the bottom is Nurgle and Goblins. Goblins can be cut some slack giving that they give so many bonus points (or allow more aggressive race selection elsewhere). Nurgle may get better as people build up the TV.
GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2019 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one Christy!!!

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2019 - 01:51
FUMBBL Staff

Another interesting observation you may not know is that modern versions of Excel can import the data from that URL directly using PowerQuery. No need to write scripts.
 Jump to: