42 coaches online • Server time: 00:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Thelovelyfool

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

EDIT: Just realised this should have been in "Off-Topic" -> "House Rules"... Sorry admins, if you could move it that'd be great...

Hi folks, The Lovely Fool here.

I’m a random guy who's played tabletop BB once and have been playing blood bowl 2 for a while. I’m also a rule maniac, so I started tinkering with every blood bowl related guides, current rulesets and playbooks. Eventually, I ran out of easy to access interesting reads and my craving led me to think about creating a new team for the fun of it: The Witch Hunters

As I do not play nor intend to play the tabletop version of Blood Bowl, I grew desperate of trying them out, but them I discovered FUMBBL, the Secret League and custom rulesets and am starting to think it might be a possibility!

But before all of that, I'd love some (constructive?) feedback on what I've done, if some of you have time to spend talking rules and balance.

Of course, I figured they must be some resources about that and I stumbled on Tom Anders’ rules and guidelines on how to build a team, and figured it was enough to start playing around and ask for feedback.

This is the 2nd iteration of the team, and the v3 overall. I personally believe it is now at least somehow balanced. I have my doubts about the Inquisitor being too strong, but I'll let you have a look and tell me yourselves Smile

Here it is: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZZIwHWUXV2w5t0-pXzFZhHa8GZJjT-O-

Last edited by Thelovelyfool on %b %19, %2019 - %13:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
flashman1234

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm fairly sure that the 'Zeal' skill can't be implemented. I don't mean technically, I mean that I don't think it would implemented into the game engine for a fan made roster.
Thelovelyfool

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

To be fair, the skill is mostly about flavour. I created it as I was thinking that anyway, the only way to test the team would be a tabletop game, so the rule could be used without any technical issue.

I think we'll cross that bridge if we get there: if people like the concept, if I manage to implement it, to get sprites for it and to get people to play it etc.

If you have any other comment on the team itself I'd be much appreciated Smile
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!

I'm specifically trying to create a league for people to build their own rosters:
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=31060

In order to do this, I'm developing a much more complete version of team creation guidelines. Ignoring things like changes to base cost that I'm using in order to make the idea work, there are a few tweaks I would suggest might apply to your team:

I wouldn't allow MA8 on a team with 4 S4 Players. I would also suggest your Courier get Pass instead of Sure Hands (although that may not be a firm rule). Your Inquisitor (in my version) would come out undercosted; however, compared to regular cost teams, the Inquisitor looks overcosted (looks like you forgot to half the price of anything over 100k - this rule is one that I remove in my league, so things like Wardancers - and your Inquisitor - are more expensive).
Thelovelyfool

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Nelphine,

Thanks a bunch for the feedback. Would you mind linking me these rules you're using?

As to address your feedback point by point:
- MA8 is indeed very strong. In term of price, I think we agree the WH is normally priced. In term of overall synergy with the team, I would say it's not too good as the 4 S4 players are also very frail, making them unreliable and justifying the MV8 of the WH. Overall, I wanted to give great speed to the team so they could play down players in the second half. All their ST access players are also unreliable because of AV7 or necessiting protection (Inquisitor). I'd be willing to drop Thick Skull on the Fanatics if you think it'd make it more likely to roll as I intend it.

- Pass on the Courier. I really wanted to have Pass access but no ball handling out of the box. I'd rather ditch Fend for 10k or even no compensation than give them Pass, as that'd be thematically closer to my vision

- The inquisitor is I believe normally coster by the designer's guidelines (which are ofc not rules).
50 (base) + 20 (MV7) + 30 (Leader is an overcosted skill) + 30 (block, overcosted too) + 10(bonus for units with block or dodge) + 30 (dauntless is also overcosted) = 170
Dividing the over 100k cost by two, we're on 135k, rounded up.

He might be overloaded, like the wardancer or the Troll slayer. But he's not far off the charts is he? To adapt it yto your league, I'd be happy to remove Dauntless, witch would put him at 140k without the division mechanic.

As for your league, would you think the "Zeal skill" could be implemented in it?
jdm

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

There is currently no way to add custom skills to games played on the site

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Good to know, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully the Zeal skill is designed to be mostly about flavour.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah my league couldn't use the zeal skill unfortunately. I'd also change the zeal skill to affect any player who has a mutation that the base player doesn't have (this way a player who gained a mutation as a tourney prize from something like a warpstone tournament would be a valid target despite not having m access - and beastmen would not be a valid target despite horns), and I'd limit it to not affect stunry, instead of all are 2 - gutter runners are absolutely worthy trophies, far more than a Skaven liberation.
Thelovelyfool

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

These changes sound very reasonable to me, I didn't know you could get mutations this way. If you dare, you truly deserve to feel the wrath of Sigmar in your teeth. As for stunties instead of St2, I don't mind, Rip gutters.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 16:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The issue you face is the new skill. Everything else is possible to implement but that would require server side coding, and that time is precious.

Would running them without the new skill be of value to you?

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course! As I said, the skill was implemented mostly for flavou and to try to add a new element to the High TV meta of perpetual leagues. I even have an iteration suggested in III.6 where it becomes was less impacting by working like the weeping dagger skill.

I am also very interested by Nephelius' league idea and I've contacted him about this.
I'll need to get used to the FUMBBL website and UI, and try to get someone on board to show me the ropes of making new teams and designing sprites... Or I could binge read guides. But I am very much hyped about actually getting people to try them Smile

I am also finalising my second team and will see if I can share and maybe implement it too. This one won't have special skills.

If you have any guidance you can give it'd be very much appreciated PurpleChest.
By the way what do you think of the team? Any blatant balance issues or clever flavourful suggestions?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

(Blitzer, 0-2) 8/3/3/8 – Shadowing / Zeal – Access to GA skills

Thank you again Plasmoid.
Thelovelyfool

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean? I think I'm missing the reference...
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Thelovelyfool wrote:
What do you mean? I think I'm missing the reference...

Well I did comment, didn't I.... You know that old man that shouts at the clouds.....that's me. Just as you young uns ruined his town, you young uns have ruined (an aspect) of my game.

Credible roster describing. All blitzers have GS access; except elves that are GA. This is a racial description. And Slann that are GAS. That was reasoned by GW on their original release. However you've gone with GA access because? Is that realistic?
Thelovelyfool

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2019 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure I understood everything you're saying but I get the point. You're right, coherence and comprehensive titles are important and this is an oversight from me. The reason I went with GA is because I didn't want to have too much S access in the team, and also because they are agile fighters, not brutes. I think the title "blitzer" might be misleading. They were the blitzers in the first iteration (and had GS access) but are not really anymore. They are sweepers or, more classically, runners. The only blitzer on the team is the Inquisitor, but he's more than that, hence the title "Leader". Would changing the blitzer's title to runner make it better for coherence of description?
We'll then have the classical G for lino, GP for thrower, GA for runner and the more unique GAS for the leader.
 Jump to: