58 coaches online • Server time: 22:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sharkrudi

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2020 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys, I often encounter the problem of having to explain to coaches who want to register in my league, that they must create their team with the link on the group page but that in addition they must then register their team in the league. (apply membership)

wouldn\'t it be easier for the team created by the direct link of a league, to be automatically registered in this league?

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2020 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be easier for some, but worse for others.

More confusing is Fumbbl terminology. Wink

In some "leagues", the "group" that holds the "create team" link is not the "group" where the "leagues" and tournaments actually take place.

Other "leagues" may use that same link to ensure that their teams can play against the widest range of opponents in the future. So, we wouldn't want every team that uses the link to be automatically added to the "group".

What I would do is create a note. If anyone has difficulty just cut/paste the note into your message.

But really, if you put that note on group home page, even the slowest coach should be able to figure it out. Wink

Forcing people to manually join the group works as a declaration that the person really wants to join the "league" and is not just a person who wants to check out the ruleset.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2020 - 14:13
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I am fully aware that this is a bit of a mess, but it's really hard to build a system that deals with this properly. I don't want to force changes to established leagues that use rulesets.

That being said, I am considering some options to make things simpler for at least some of the more popular custom leagues. Nothing to announce at this point though.
Sharkrudi

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2020 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

ok thanks