36 coaches online • Server time: 18:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrClaes

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 06:00 Reply with quote Back to top

[img w=480]https://fumbbl.com/i/613709[/img]

Greetings stunty coaches everywhere!

In these trying times of Covid-19, I'm launching a new metagame open to stunty teams in ranked, box, and league. I've drawn inspiration from E.L.F. which got me playing lots and lots of elf games.

The inaugural season starts next Monday, 2020-03-30 and runs for 7 weeks.

Background

We all come to the game with our own goals, our own dreams, and our own aspirations. For some it’s the friendly banter of a tight-knit league, and for others the knife’s edge of competitive play in the Blackbox or the majors.

And then there’s the coaches who prefer stunties. Life for the stunty coach flows at a different pace than for those who run with elves or bash with the Undead. We relish in the simple pleasures of landing a thrown team-mate for a game-changing touchdown as much as we cheer when our big guys smash a hapless lineman into a pool of gore on the line of scrimmage.

Death is ever present for the stunty coach. We smell it when we take to the pitch, see it in the gleaming eyes of a charging opponent blitzer, and hear the sickening crunch of stunty bones breaking. It is our curse, but also our blessing.

But if Nuffle gave the stunty players paper-thin armor to protect them on the field, he also gave them the determination to fight back, the ferocity to punch above their weight, and the mobility to swarm around immobilized opponents for vicious, head-splitting gang fouls. Many a coach has seen their fully grown players taken off the field one by one by a determined stunty team—in body bags or on stretchers—and walked away in abject horror, having won the game but lost their team.

For some, the trophy hunting takes on a life of its own. We seek out the strongest, most experienced players facing us and target them for elimination. On good days we bring a cadre of dedicated foulers who know every dirty trick in the book. Our big guys hone their blocking skills to perfection to lay waste to the line of scrimmage after the obligatory touchdowns scored by our opponents, and the crowd cheers as they water the grass with bright red blood.

The competition

TOB is a meta-group open to the traditional stunty teams (Ogres, Goblins, and Halflings) from Ranked, Box, and League. Each season runs for approximately 2 months, and teams collect points for every opponent player that is dead at the end of the game. The fans don’t care if it’s a wardancer leaping to his death, a mummy failing a dodge, or even a thrown rock from an enraged audience member, they all count. At the end of the season, prizes will be given to the highest scoring teams, and the greatest of them all will ascend the fabled Throne of Blood.

Scoring

Every opponent death during the season is scored as follows: Score = ST * ST + SppCategory * SppCategory , where SppCategory follows the progression from Rookie to Legend as (0,1,2,3,4,5,10). The sum of all the scores is the total score for the season. Ties are broken by total number of deaths inflicted.

Dwarfs count double.

A special prize is awarded for the Top Trophy, the single highest scoring death using the formula above.

During the season the leaderboard for the metagroup will be updated on the tournament page and in the season thread in the forum. Members are encouraged to share stories of their feats of stunty brutality in the forum thread.

Scoring is automated by a Java program. If you find something that doesn’t look right, please alert the group administrator.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do foul kills count?
Yes.

Do deaths from tripping / failed dodges / failed leaps count?
Yes.

Do deaths from rocks thrown by the crowd count?
Yes.

Do deaths of players count if the player regenerated after the fact?
No.

This is terrible! You're reveling in other coaches' misfortunes! It's unsportsmanlike, malicious, and encourages bad styles of play!
That's not a question.

Is the name of the group a film reference?
Yes.
DrClaes

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2020 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Season I of the Throne of Blood has started. Who will sit on it in 7 weeks?

Registrations are open to all halflings, ogres, and goblins until 2020/05/10. Join in the mayhem!

Throne of Blood Season I, standings as of 2020/03/30
Live And Let Die
Season runs from 2020/03/30 until 2020/05/17

Total number of games played by participants: 0
Aldji

Post   Posted: May 17, 2020 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Apos count as a regeneration right? cause I've killed the same Mino 2 times and he got saved by the apo 2 times (damn you wandering apo). thats gotta be worth something right? Mr. Green
 Jump to: