47 coaches online • Server time: 10:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
skinnydookie

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

One idea that I think would speed up games (and avoid unfortunate misclicks)is to have an option to turn off the choice of using an Apothecary for a KO (i.e auto-selected as no).

Probably more than 99% of the time this question is asked it is a no.

As it would only be an optional tick box in settings those that wanted to could leave this on (particularly for "important" cup matches I'd imagine).

Just an idea. Love the site after being away for a good few years. Cheers! Smile
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

skinnydookie wrote:

Probably more than 99% of the time this question is asked it is a no.

I'd say this is probably true for Ranked only.
In tournaments (especially with no progression rules and resurrection), when evertything is at stake in a single match, I'd say more often than not the Apo gets used on a critical KO.

My rule for tournaments, for example, is: "first BH of the first half. If that doesn't happen, first KO second half".

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd simply like that Enter key didn't confirm the dialogue pop up windows of the client.
That would prevent more misclicks, for example accidental Wizard use.
Joost

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I use apo on KO probably 20% of the time. I prefer the option.
Chivite

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

no keyboard selection of pop up boxes would be ideal for misclic management, the amount of times im chating with oponent and all of the sudden i have "typed" my answer for a pop up box...
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, sometimes it happens to accidentally press Enter while the "do you want to receive?" window pop up appears while you are marking the skills on players.
I know it so I wait before marking skills, but some new coaches are unaware of that.
Thoriin

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Same as Chivite
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

While we're on this subject, whenever a dialogue box pops up from the client, it also switches it to being the active window. So if I'm typing in a different application, then I end up typing in the FUMBBL window. Which can also lead to hitting enter at the wrong time (for unwanted apo, skipped inducements, etc), or me posting some nonsense int he chat window.

This may be a Linux thing, though.
skinnydookie

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2020 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Joost wrote:
I use apo on KO probably 20% of the time. I prefer the option.

Yup - with my idea you would have the option to keep it exactly as it is now so implementing this would have no negative affect.
 Jump to: