46 coaches online • Server time: 20:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there, American Timezone FUMBBLers! You've earned your wings in Ranked ... you've taken on the best and the worst in Box, but ... are you ready for a real challenge? Are you ready for the big time, to take on the best of the best? The great Slann necromancer, Sloss-ti, is delighted to announce that the best league in the Western hemisphere - Secret League Americas - is now recruiting for its 10th season!

That's right! We've been doing this for 9 seasons now, and by Nuffle we're going to keep going!

Do you yearn for the feeling of the hot mist rushing through your hair and leaves slapping you in the face as you sprint for miles through the jungle, searching for treasure? Do you ever wake up in a cold sweat, with a strange compulsion to stow away on the next galley setting sail for the New World? do you relish the thought of being chased through the sweaty, humid jungles by scores of scantily-clad Amazonian females?

If you like the sound of all that, then Secret League Americas is the place for you!

Season 9 concluded a couple of weeks ago with a bang. In a shock twist, the holders and two-times back-to-back champions, Ecstasy and Agony, we're knocked out in the quarter finals. In the end, after a wild and unpredictable final playoff tournament, captainmalkor's Sisters of Sigmar, [SLA] Purge, defeated Razmus' Zandri, Dead Men Walking, to take the Crown of the New World as the reigning Champions. There is a new Boss in town, and they like to keep a tight ship. Will you be pure enough to beat them, or will you also be purged?!

SLA is a round robin league that runs on a weekly schedule. It's open to any coaches who will be available to play in most American timezone evenings (about 00:00 - 07:00 bbtime). The divisional structure tends to be flexible, depending on how many teams sign up. Last season, we had 26 teams across 3 divisions (Upper, Middle and Lower TW). We will always make space for any and all teams that apply. That's right! There is no upper limit to how many teams can play in SLA! Smile

Following the round-robin phase, SLA typically concludes with a final knockout playoff tournament to determine the overall league winner. Last season, the top 4 teams from each division made the cut, with the Upper Tier teams getting a by to the second round.

And (as if that wasn't enough), we also have a plethora of awesome player prizes and lost treasures that can be won, for those that dare to brave the hazards of the Lustrian jungle (check out the booty tab on the league group page).

How to apply:

Established SLA coaches from last season: please confirm by posting in this thread if you are in for Season 10, which team you are going to be playing, and which coast you prefer (in case we do a split).

For new coaches that want to join SLA: please post here, stating which team you intend to play. Note that only 1 team of each race is allowed in SLA at any one time (I will list the currently-taken teams in the second post of this thread). You will be starting off in a Lower Tier division, so you won't have to face the higher-TV abominations right away. (You can find more information on the SLA group page, by clicking on the banner at the top of this post).

I will aim to kick off Season 10 as soon as we have a good number of teams ready and willing to play, hopefully around next weekend/early next week.

As Sloss-ti always says: "Join the goddamn league, or the pygmy gets it! Ribbit!" ;-P

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz

Last edited by JellyBelly on Mar 25, 2020 - 02:59; edited 1 time in total
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams that are lined up so far for Season 10 (confirmed teams are in bold):

razmus - Zandri - East - 2050
Kzarik - Clan Eshin - East - 2050
Captainmalkor - Sisters of Sigmar - ??? - 2030
GotrekSlayer - Nippon - ?? - 2000
King_Mad - Ka-Sabar - East - 1880
Bazakastine - Dryad - either - 1740
JellyBelly - Lahmia - East - 1720
Roto - Simyin - East - 1660
Cosmodon - Ethereal - East - 1650
ex-convict - Black Ark Corsairs - East - 1650
motay666 - Kislev - either - 1620
dashergeaux - Kurnous - West - 1540
burnsy87 - Engineers - East - 1540
Nelphine - Kurgan - either - 1540
Bustahemo - Clan Mors - ?? - 1510
petalwarfare - Skink - East - 1110
game|set|match - Sea Elves - ?? - new
pafootball22 - Sylvania Pact - East - new
MinnesotaChris - Slaanesh - East/flexible - new
EnglishJake - Khorne - central - new
steinerp - Half Elves - East - new
Adorryable - Pirates of Sartosa - West - new
MHCREED - Snakemen - ?? - new
Sigmar1 - Beastmen - West - new
halfadimecn - Tilea - West - new

Last edited by JellyBelly on Apr 01, 2020 - 15:03; edited 16 times in total
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to be sticking with my Lahmia from the past 2 seasons. East Coast! Smile

MinnesotaChris

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! I think I’d like to coach the Necrarch team, if it is available. I’m in the Midwest, so East coast may be best, but I stay up late sometimes, so I’m flexible.
King_Mad

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Bastion of Bronze will return to represent Ka-Sabar!
burnsy87

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Grungis Spite will make a return, chainsaw ready to cause mayhem
razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Zandri (⚰️Dead Men Walking⚰️) will return again for season ten. And yeah... East Coast please. Those folks on the other coast stay up WAY past this old man's bedtime.

Last edited by razmus on Mar 25, 2020 - 13:28; edited 1 time in total
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The Black Ark Mother Fluffers are returning to plunder the ports that we missed out on last season!

I'm US central so East coast will probably work better for me.

Don't drop the soap.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadows of Araanjagan will be in again next season!
EnglishJake

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Id like to join with my Khorne https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=949189

In Central time zone
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to flip my Von Carstein team to being just for SLA

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=930273

Roto

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

My apes will be returning.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll bring the missiles back. I'm down in South Texas! So either coast works fine for me.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in, but I think I'm going to sit the Ecstasy for a season and try something new. I've narrowed my choices down to Daemons of Nurgle, Beastmen, Lybaras, Ind and Brettonians. I'll try to commit and make a team soon and try to get my three builder matches in.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2020 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Lock it in:
Daemons of Slaanesh if it is available, Slaanesh 2nd choice.

Last edited by MinnesotaChris on Mar 25, 2020 - 17:37; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: