27 coaches online • Server time: 11:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SunDevil

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2020 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey! As of today (4/27/20) most of the games I attempt to watch refuse to load and are timing out instead of firing up. A few have worked but I'm not seeing rhyme or reason for that. Most are timing out.

FUMBBL worked just fine as of last Friday. Java is updated.

Any ideas? Is this echos of the update that will pass with time?
Chivite

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2020 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I havent had an issue myself, and noone else has raised this problem... maybe it is you? try uninstalling java and installing it again?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2020 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, seeing this out my way.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2020 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had it, also some loading issues when getting a match - I have to quit discord + other stuff that uses internet to get it to work. Sometimes will throw an error saying that an icon doesn't load, and takes some time but works. Probably internet issues - ISP/routing stuff?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2020 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I've had icons not load, connection errors to the forum itself and the game not loading at all on my work laptop but loading on my home computer.

Edit: Just posting this reply, lead to a connection error and me having to resubmit the post.
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2020 - 23:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This is unrelated to the update. In fact, things are probably better than they were in terms of the server kicking you out from games you managed to load into.

I've been seeing reports of people overseas having issues over the last week or so, and I think it's simply routers out on the general Internet being overloaded by people staying at home streaming video rather than being out drinking or whatever it is people do on their spare time.

Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do to help the situation. :/
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2020 - 23:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I did write a short guide on configuring Java which is worth going through, but probably won't help if the site is being slow in general for you.

https://fumbbl.com/note/christer/JavaConfig
MercutioT

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2020 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in the North-East USA, and I can verify that for the last 24 hours or so, this site in particular has been laggy and hard to load, and that the client connection has been unstable for me and my league.
I have not had any issues with servers based in the UK.

(Not a complaint about the site or its fine service, just a second that there has definitely been something wonky happening on this side of the Pond; not a serious problem. Perhaps it'll work itself out.)
SunDevil

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2020 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the responses everyone and, as always, thanks to Christer and the crew for this amazing site and all your hard work!

Stay off the sidelines!
MercutioT

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2020 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

New development for me: I am literally unable to start a match.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2020 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Been having this same issue since yesterday, but w/ spectating.
I was able to spec a match after multiple tries then, but today no luck.

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2020 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I experimented with a VPN service and this might be a temporary solution until whatever internet hiccup gets fixed. I am using Proton VPN free service, and the client loads/runs fine with it on but without it I get the unable to launch error.

I can select a random connection which seems to work from Netherlands and Japan but not USA, and running tracert fumbbl.com in the command program shows a "request time out" along the connection while on a USA VPN, or my normal internet connection. With the other two connections, tracert shows no errors.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2020 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

@RBthma: Get off my lawn!

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2020 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems the hand off to telia is the chokepoint, i'm pretty sure there are only a few pipes that cross the atlantic so if it saturated they probably have QoS in place which means your traffic might just be forgotten. You can ping or tracert and not get packet loss, but the icons wont download and games just disconnect. This makes me suspect QoS as your ICPM traffic moves through just fine(yes our circuit is fine! stop pinging things you!) but what ever packet format fumbbl uses is being shuffled to the back. I'll blame zoom, probably a bunch of UDP traffic just clogging the pipes as people jump into random zoom conferences naked.
paperbag4

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2020 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been getting a connection time out error message all evening too. Now I know how my three-year-old feels.
 Jump to: