38 coaches online • Server time: 17:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Frowny

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Everyone,

Quite new to BB. I just got going with Vampires and rolled +AG on my first vampire! I took it. Seems great for everything he'd want to do.

Currently
3Vampires(1 with +AG, 1 with Dodge), 13 thralls, 5 rerolls, aphocary

I kind of like the passing speedy game, but with 5 AG I'm not actually sure I need other rerolls like sure hands or pass. Maybe I want strong-arm for better passing still? Or do I use him up close and take dodge next?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

he is now the gaze man, he takes dodge next (all vamps take dodge first unless +ma or +ag, unless doing something experimental like pro). Then he takes block, after than you can take sidestep or pro depending on whether you want to maximise gaze (pro), or make him annoying.

I would not take any passing skills on him.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 05:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ag5 with gaze is great! Don't bother with the passing game, as Vamps need their other skills much more.
LictorZ

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Frowny,

Depends entirely on how you want to play the game. Play the game the way you want to play it. Vamps may not be the team for pass play, but that doesn't mean you won't have fun developing them that way. It might also means wins are less consistent Smile

You will notice quite a lot of Passing teams still use Pass and Sure Hands though. Because you can still roll 1's. Always something to consider. Especially since Blood Lust looms around all your plays.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Why block before dodge AD?
Shouldn't at least one of the vamps be able to do the blitzing?

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Passing skills work great for those desperation 2-turn (or 1-turn if you really know your stuff) plays for a late half TD. Is it 'ideal'? No. But it sure is fun to win that way and they're a great tool to have in a pinch. And what else are you going to spend a double on if it's not a stat-up?

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well........ I ended up rolling a doubles for his next skill so did decide on pass. I find i'm doing a lot of short passes instead of handoffs, and pass (for the reroll, makes him incredibly reliable even out to quite long distances (Long bomb on a 4+ rerollable). it also makes him easier to level up. I just wish vampires were faster. Surely Mv7 wouldn't be too much on them.

He still probably gets dodge/block later.

Hopefully it pays off. Now I just need to get the other guys a little better so they can catch better.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

As you've found, having a vampire passer can be a great addition to a team. A vampire with Catch though? No bueno.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not? Because they are so agile anyway?
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

No, because they have such great skill access so there are many better skills they want to take instead.

Dodge, Block, Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Tackle, Sure Hands, Side Step or Stand Firm, Pro, any stat... Catch is much more situational than any of those so it's rarely a good pick - even though it can be a useful skill on players who start with it.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

A single skill slot on a vampire for Pass (and/or Sure Hands) is useful because you can generally guarantee that player will use those skills. I.e., he'll be the quarterback who fetches and distributes the ball.
But using a precious skill slot for Catch, when it's rare that you throw, and when you do it's even rarer that the one player with Catch will be the one in position, just makes it not worth it. Too many other critical skills.

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2020 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

A good Vampire as your ball carrier requires Block Dodge Side Step Sure Hands Pro ... I would, if even, give Pass as his last and sixth skill. Tackle could be much more useful.
 Jump to: