42 coaches online • Server time: 18:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I know it's not a high priority thing and I don't know how much time would take to implement it, but I think it could be nice to add a Win Rate % entry to the team page, on the bottom, in the box where there are the Games Played, TD Diff, Cas Diff.
After all, win rate it's more important than TD difference and Cas difference to quickly assess the performance of a specific team.

For accuracy, the entry should have 4 digits ideally, like this example:

Win Rate 50.65 %

Last edited by MattDakka on Jun 02, 2020 - 19:06; edited 4 times in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

But.. games played IS your win rate?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm talking about specific team win rate on each team page, not coach's overall win rate.

And yes, Games played is win rate, but not as summary as a percentage.
If you want to know the % you have to do the calculation manually every time you update the team page.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably would encourage picking even more.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ever tried to calculate your win rate, accounting for opponent race? (So for instance, a win against amazons when you play dwarves isn't worth a full 1)
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I didn't, anyway that kind of statistical "noise" over time it's mitigated by the number of games played, and since I don't play in Ranked picking is not a concern.
cdassak

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

But you already got that in all your teams Matteo Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I know, but with an automated calculation I would not need to calculate it manually every time. Smile
Also, I could check my opponent's team page before a match to quickly know his team's win rate.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
since I don't play in Ranked picking is not a concern.

Oh, I thought you meant a feature for coaches on Fumbbl, but you meant a feature just for your coach page? Okay
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Feature would be useful for all coaches, not just for me, but if you want to attack personally me it's ok.
People will pick with or without the win rate displayed on each team page, I guess pickers focus more on checking coach's profile (if Legend or Rookie) and team roster (bloaty or efficient) rather than checking a team's win rate.
Anyway, the feature is for team page, not for coach page (there the win rate % is already displayed). Please read carefully.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

How is this
74 (39/12/23)
not enough? It seems to me that it is a far superior indicator information-wise than a percentage.

Genuinely curious.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't take to be a genius to know that percentage can summarize better the performance of a team in a single number.
This is why it's used often here on the site and in real world as well.
It's not a matter of being superior, it's a matter of providing elegantly with a single number, easily understandable, the performance of a team.
Also, makes easier to compare teams quickly, because comparing 2 win percentages is immediate, unlike checking 2 Games Played entries and do the calculations, especially when the amount of games played is big.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's make an example,

team A:
Games Played:
97 (56/24/17)

team B:
Games Played:
160 (84/56/20)

It's not easy to say which team has a better performance at a glance, unlike you could do by comparing the 2 win rates %:

team A Win Rate: 70.10%

team B Win Rate: 70%

It's way easier and quicker with Win %

Also, I'm not suggesting to remove Games Played entry, but to add a Win Percentage entry, there is no competition between the 2 entries, just an added value.
stowelly

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Do we really need to know this information? Seems kinda pointless. Just turn up and roll some dice!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2020 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Do we really need not to know this information?
Not pointless, for example I check my team's win rates to see if a team is doing better with a new build I'm trying or to see which team of mine is the best.
If you don't care about win rate % well, having it on your team pages will not harm your eyes, if you care, it's nice to have it.
Anyway, this site is full of data and %, if they were so pointless I don't think Christer would have bothered to show them.

Last edited by MattDakka on Jun 02, 2020 - 21:52; edited 3 times in total
 Jump to: