20 coaches online • Server time: 04:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Prez

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2017 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

Just wanted a bit of help on clarification of the new redrafting rules in 'Death Zone' (pg27).

It says make up new team adding any players from previous season at their current cost. So assuming that is basic cost + new skills/stats etc

So in essence are we expected to make up a new team from 1000GP again?

thanks in advance

Prez

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2017 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I *think* you are making the team again but you have more than 1 mill. As far as I know you get bonus gold for TDs/CAS etc.

So you may not have a ton of cash but it *should* be more than the base of 1 million.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2017 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a long, long thread of over 150 pages which includes discussion on this recently. Definitely more than 1 million and the more games the season is the more you will get. Also the better you do with TDs and cas. In short seasons you may well lose experienced players so there is a lot of debate as application to Box or Ranked.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2017 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

stupid stupid stupid rule

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2017 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

Agreed

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2017 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

1 million + gold in the bank + 5k for every td/cas scored in the last season + 10k for every game played in the last season.

This rule is not active on Fumbbl tho.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2017 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Prez wrote:
pythrr wrote:

Agreed

It's a way for GW to "deal with" high TV balance issues (aka TV is fundamentally flawed), and to cater to the low-TV Chess Bowl (coined it) resurrection player base.
Sharper

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2017 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

Interesting idea, take down the wrong path.
tussock

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2017 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Raising Funds is on p28.

Note that you can play any number of Friendlies outside the league to add a little more coin, though do not get SPP for them, and may still take injuries as normal.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2017 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
Prez wrote:
pythrr wrote:

Agreed

It's a way for GW to "deal with" high TV balance issues (aka TV is fundamentally flawed), and to cater to the low-TV Chess Bowl (coined it) resurrection player base.

Can you really say something is "fundamentally flawed" if people are using it in a way the designer never intended? By the way I barely restrained myself from using all kinds of silly analogies here. Very Happy

It seems pretty clear that the on-line persistent matchmaker leagues that have sprung up (here and in the Cyanide games) that result in teams playing 100s of matches is not what the game designers ever imagined. And the new version of the rules make this even more clear than it ever was previously.

The great thing about board games, which Blood Bowl is, is all of the different house rules you can come up with in your own leagues.

The fact that the owner of the leagues here has decided that they will follow the official GW rules doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the rules themselves. More likely it means the rules and the meta-environment don't match up very well. Whether that problem needs to be solved by the players or the league owners is an entirely different question.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2017 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a really long thread about implementing it into Ranked already if you care to look. Some very in debth discussions about particular effects and amount of games before reset.
Dominion

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2017 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Raising Funds is on p28.

Note that you can play any number of Friendlies outside the league to add a little more coin, though do not get SPP for them, and may still take injuries as normal.

The FAQ that came out yesterday or so clarified that all League matches, even Friendlies, do get SPPs. You just don't get an MVP and make less money. TDs/cas/etc still generate SPP as normal.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2017 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Raising Funds is on p28.

Dominion wrote:

The FAQ that came out yesterday or so clarified that all League matches, even Friendlies, do get SPPs. You just don't get an MVP and make less money. TDs/cas/etc still generate SPP as normal.

Wreckage wrote:
There is a really long thread about implementing it into Ranked already if you care to look. Some very in debth discussions about particular effects and amount of games before reset.

Now, if you take the discussion about implementing "league play" into R/B found in the forum. Then throw the wrench of you can play unlimited 'Friendlies' as out lined by tussock/dominion. It sends the entire discussion into one massive spiral of chaos.

Then again is not the main meme of Blood Bowl is that it is one huge chaotic mess? Shocked Very Happy Surprised

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I'm new here and I'm trying to find the thread where this is discuss with more details, but for some reason I couldn't find anything. I like belote en ligne and I will appreciate any help from you to show me how can I find it ?

Last edited by remialex on %b %07, %2017 - %14:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
Uedder

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2017 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=28459&highlight=

There. This rule is not yet implemented on fumbbl. We don't know yet if it will ever be for ranked and blackbox, but it is planned to be implemented as an optional rule for leagues.
 Jump to: