67 coaches online • Server time: 21:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should FUMBBL adopt 2 minute turns as default?
Yes
13%
 13%  [ 20 ]
No
73%
 73%  [ 111 ]
Only in certain leagues
13%
 13%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 151

Mingoose

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2020 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to have you at my BJJ gym. Oh you didn’t realize I was about to throw on a reverse arm bar while you were laying in my guard? Sorry for the popped elbow, but you know the rules we bang hard until the tap. Next time I’m sure you will be more careful and tap BEFORE I permanently damage your elbow. (I know this is a false equivalency, but as an American I tend to take physical contests as seriously as Matt seems to take blood bowl, so it comes to mind)

End of the day I’m glad you have such a profound respect for the letter of the rules, so when Christer removes TO you can laud him for remaining compliant with the official BB rules as published. I’m sure it would keep you up at night if Christer were to deviate and force you to play against the rules.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2020 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Matt, you are not allowed to time out an opponent who all of a sudden stopped moving his players and did not type anything in chat. You would violate the rules of FUMBBL.

I well know it, and I said in other posts that somebody writing "emergency etc." can't be timed out as well.

My point is, I can't know if somebody stopping is really facing something in real life or he's just taking his time to think about the turn.

@Mingoose: this is not real life BJJ, it's online BB.
Comparing apples to oranges, there is no risk to be physically harmed by a time out.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2020 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
My point is, I can't know if somebody stopping is really facing something in real life or he's just taking his time to think about the turn.

great mindset

Jump to: