40 coaches online • Server time: 10:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2020 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

@Garion: it's Tarabaralla.

Razz Not to nitpick, but it could be hard to find him with the wrong nickname, in case somebody wanted to watch his replays.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %29, %2020 - %00:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2020 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Yeah but... it's not The_Greatest_Gobbo.

As long as there's no The_Greater_Gobbo, The_Great_Gobbo is also The_Greatest_Gobbo and Coach.

Don't need a thread to answwer this tbh smh
Gartch

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2020 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

zoul
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
Yeah but... it's not The_Greatest_Gobbo.

As long as there's no The_Greater_Gobbo, The_Great_Gobbo is also The_Greatest_Gobbo and Coach.

Don't need a thread to answwer this tbh smh

Yeah! Yew tell em Balle! Yer pint iz in der post, an if any of yew zoggin gitz finkz yew kan get sumwun ter sine up az der greatest gobbo den me lawyerz are waitin ter sue der pants off yew.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I've added Fxiii, Justicium and Wreckage to my original post - knew there would be ones I would forget. All great coaches. Others I may just have not seen enough to have a considered opinion.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 17:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Greatest Coach ON FUMBBL:
Malmir, probably.

But pretty much all of the ones on Malmirs list would crop up in the conversation, but i'd plump for Malmir.

If he still played FUMBBL I might be torn between Malmir and Purplegoo. But this thread i see as greatest on FUMBBL, not that has been on FUMBBL.

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't be Malmir. My son beat him in Ranked when he was 9.

Which means that I'm ruled out too!

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
But this thread i see as greatest on FUMBBL, not that has been on FUMBBL.

Good point Purple, but I think we can include also coaches from the past not playing anymore here Smile
EnglishJake

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If the dice weren't so clearly stacked against him, it would of been spiro.

*shakes fist at the rng
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey - I've played three official tournaments this year, PC. That must be some sort of activity record for me! Wink

I never really like naming names when this topic comes up, on the basis I don't want to offend by omission, make definitive statements from limited experiences or start some sort of vacuous argument over preferred formats. Plus, like all fiercely competitive people, I have to remind my fingers not to write I WILL CRUSH THEM ALL, like some sort of Synn tribute act. Smile

What I will say is that I'm really excited about the near future. Between the NAF tournaments bringing in the best from that world and the Trophy apparently hooking in some BB2 luminaries, the prospect of us all elbowing for supremacy in the new ruleset at a TV best suited for competitive play (sorry to contradict myself - but there is nothing additionally clever about super-high TV, although I concede it is big!) is going to be absolutely superb. I fell for TT NAF tournaments in such a big way because the standard at the big European events was higher than anything I had previously experienced and I wanted a piece of that action. Twelve years ago when I dipped my toe in, FUMBBL was light years ahead. Five years ago, if I'm honest, the average standard and level of the top coaches here wasn't where it was on tabletop. Now, as FUMBBL is becoming a glorious melting pot and we're about to dive into a new era, I really think FUMBBL has the opportunity to draw from all parts of BB and host some fantastic play. The names in these threads probably won't change change, but the lists will get longer, and we'll all be learning new things together. Glorious.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Rafe wrote:
Woodstock and anyone else who maintains a strong win % whilst playing fast

Thanks for the mention, but maybe if I took 3-4min a turn I would actually be up there Laughing
VillainousIntent

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

<------------------
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The answer is Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2020 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm also a big fan of Malmir, I watched a lot of his games to level up my game. Beyond his skill at the game, his naming is also something to behold.