79 coaches online • Server time: 21:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The E.L.F. has been immensely successful since its inception back in January 2005, growing steadily in membership and acknowledgement by the fumbbl community at large as a viable and respected group of dedicated elven players, willing to face those teams other elves dare not mention, let alone face on-pitch. However, let it not be said we are a stagnant group set in our ways, but rather a dynamic and free-flowing organization, sidestepping problems with typical elven grace. Thus Season V, which is set to begin at 0001 fumbbl time on 1 Sep 2005, will see a massive leap from one scoring format to another...

Previously, the E.L.F. rewarded elven coaches for playing against non-elven teams, the more the better. However, it's a sad fact of life that some coaches have more time to play than others, so certain teams were perpetually in the running for the league title, with those coaches less active forever on the sidelines watching. For some, this led to reduced enthusiasm in the group, as they felt there was no chance at winning, so why bother? Well, if you are such a coach, wake up! A new day in E.L.F. history is dawning, and at this point EVERYBODY has a shot at winning! If you have time to play 10 games in a 2-month span, you CAN WIN!!!

For details on how YOU can win, pick up your favorite elven team and head over to the E.L.F. homepage...

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the new rules. But, I'm not sure I agree with the brutality meter. I find the Claw+MB/RSC teams far more brutal than the tackle teams. I've taken far more damage in skaven games than in Khemri games.

Also, will this system be too open to cherry picking? I kind of like the grinding of the 13 game cycle.

Anyways, just some thoughts.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, cherry picking is just a fact of life around here it seems. Even with the full 13 game cycle instead of the modified 10 game cycle, cherry picking occurs--do I play this chaos team full of claws, or this one full of tentacles? I recognize some races may not be played at all any more, but I'm hoping there will always be some brave souls who will anyway, just because. I devided the teams the way I did due partly from damage potential, but also in large part from how often teams are willing to face them--as our stats show, during the first three seasons of the E.L.F., the top 3 faced teams are chaos, orcs and skaven, which as you've pointed out can cause massive damage, yet are the most played by far. Meanwhile, games vs dwarves and khemri, killers in their own rights but with much more stigma attached to them, are much less common.

Anyways, just some answers to your thoughts.

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It could also be that there are just tons more Chaos, Skaven, and Orcs =p

As for the rest, thanks for the good answers.
nin

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

It's much better than I thought, really interesting new rules. Amazing.

...there are tons more Chaos, Skaven, and Orcs, and Claw+RSC is more lethal than tackle, but playing an even game and winning against tacklers is more complicated than against killers imo
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2005 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I like that my E.L.F. spinoff has managed to provide something useful to the original, and best, league that celebrates racial bravery. It feels . . . karmic.

This looks good, and it will certainly entice the Har Ganeth Pyschotics back into the fray. Hopefully it will prove to be the rejuvenating tonic that you wanted.

Long live the E.L.F.

ps- and I'm totally with Nin. Brutuality can break your players, but it's the tackle-heavy teams that can break your game.

Jump to: