65 coaches online • Server time: 18:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2005 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Wohooo, my Rats made it again! A bit smashed up, but still. Smile http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=923591

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2005 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll just take a moment to explain myself, since I feel quite bad about leaving a tournament game the way I did. Sad

I had a pretty sudden attack of bad headaches and a fever early sunday afternoon. I conceded the game I was playing then and went to bed, hoping I would be fit enough to give Eagle a good game.

When my alarm went of 15 minutes before the game I knew I was not to be Crying or Very sad . I decided to log on anyway, because if I did not play the tournament schedule would be delayed by too much.

This tournament was the last chance for Meuh. He had played less then half of the teams games recently and I was getting pretty fed up with wasting my precious playing time just clicking through matches I could never win.

The fact that I had trouble even seeing straight combined with the fact that I already knew I would retire Meuh as soon as I got knocked out of the Cup made me decide to concede. Also, since the average winnings the team generated the past 10 games was only about 10k I would not give Eagle too much of a financial advantage.

No big difference whether he leaves for the concession or gets retired after the game.

My apologies to all the specs who were hoping for an epic battle on the pitch. I am glad to see that the fact that I did not cause damage to the rats did not hurt JanMattys in his chances to advance Wink .

Good luck with the rest of the Cup all!

I'll just get to work on Meuh's obituary now........

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2005 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Bit of an anti-climax to see Meuh going like that, but I understand the reasoning behind it. He should have been put out to pasture far sooner.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2005 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=924508

Da 'Ard boyz are victorious over Alanirs High elves and manage to Obtain one of the treasured Fumbbl Cup Final Spots!

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=924808

Dig Dug managed a fortunate 2-1 victory over the ravaged Forest Fools after a virus left 4 woodie stars on the bench.

"Now that's an esophagous!"
Synn

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

In terms of the diggers.....

I think they are better off without meuh. A player with that many spps is a liability to a team... plain and simple. In terms of tr, he was worth an amazing 171 tr. That is more then many of the 10 game elf teams out there!

He will be missed and did some great feats for all of FUMBBL but alas, it is time for the Diggers to move on. One of the longest lived active teams deserves to continue in an efficient fashion. That means without the all time scoring leader.

Now this brings me to neatly to the Goats. After two consecutive losses to low tr chaos teams, i have to admit my strategy is outdated. There will be some serious changes made to the Goats, some of which might cause people to view me as nuts (most of you know what i am refering to...). Rest assured, if i get one more chance to play in a qualifier then i will qualify with the Goats.

Peace,
__Synn
**It was a good run TBone.... Sad
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't agree more. The diggers have not been a truly competitive team for quite some time now. CD's peak off at about TS 220/230, and for the past months I have been giving up 5 handicaps against teams with equal or higher TS.

In the end he just had to go, but once you have come as far as Meuh has, it gets hard to retire a player.

Ah, well.... On to the rebuilding

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, arcon beat with a long stick attached to the dice. I needed all the help I could have got from nuffle, and I got nothing. So, the best man won and all that jazz.

Last edited by MrMojo on %b %13, %2005 - %00:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Csonti

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The final of SA Qualifier III between Underdark Nightmares and Tough Enough and Rough Enough is sheduled on friday 17:00 BB time.

Come and see the fall of a great team! Wink
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2005 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, judging from the game report, must've been one tremendous battle! Details, details!

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2005 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Blast you people! The masses demand game reports so whip out those typos and gramma mistakes and get to the writing already!

You don't actually expect us to watch the replay Wink Now - write along.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2005 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I´ll add a report soon, but not today, be patient!
Wink

Good night.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2005 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ladies and gentlemen, after an absolutely brutal schedule vs orcs, dwarves, and chaos, the Weapon Masters have EARNED a right to the Fumbbl Cup finals! In that three game span, we suffered 16 cas and a 17th via failed dodge, including 2 perm RIP and 4 perm niggles, but we kept on fighting, scratching and clawing, never giving up! Twice our OTS failed to win the game as time expired; twice we entered OT to secure the victory (took a coin-toss vs the dwarves, but still...)! Then the ultimate game, vs chaos full of claws, dp and a str6 chaos warrior...but our backs were against the wall, and buddy, did we deliver! "Do unto others BEFORE they do it unto you" must've been the catchphrase this game, as all potential threats were systematically removed to the cas/ko boxes. But the real hero has to be our very own gutter Butterfly Knife IV, who stood singlehandedly against a str6 chaos warrior for 6 turns of the match, utterly refusing to be dislodged, and ultimately prevented two chaos scores by himself! He might not have gotten game MVP honors, but he sure got treated like a prince by the team after the match!

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2005 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Me and Firesky finaly got to play the last first round game in fumbblcup CR qualifier II

Match report:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=931000

My darkies won the game 2-1, but the khermi team got to us, which only leaves us with an impossible match next round.
The dark elves are with 9 players at a rating of 230/167 and have to face a 250/230 dwarven team with 200k in treasury
Gatts

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2005 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

quick report from my game vs tautology in the final of quick start qualifier V. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=930535

After a quick td by tautology in the first half it seemed as if i could do nothing wrong, i got his guys kod one after another and managed to stall enough to score in the last turn meaning they'd only get one shot at comming back, unfortunatly they all did (5 of them) and when the kickoff gave tautology a blitz i started to get nervous. I wouldnt have needed to though, my good rolls continued and tautology showed me that the only reason to hire horkon is because his icon is cool. I'm not as lucky with the armour rolls the second half though, so tautology managed to force me into scoring the third turn.

luckily horkon got sent off after the drive meaning tautology could only field 10 guys. he naturally opted for scoring late to prevent me from scoring again during the half, but in the end his crappy rolls combined with my numerical advantage gave me an opportunity to knock the ball loose and pass it downfields. Even though i couldnt score tautology had only time for a desperate atempt to bring the ball back to his offense, and with no rerolls left it proved to difficult.

Thanks for the game tautology, well played on both sides but i had better dice to work with.
 Jump to: