83 coaches online • Server time: 21:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

This first post will be kept updated to reflect those teams who have made it into the big show. Feel free to comment below about odds of each making it all the way, who's out of their league, etc...

Legend: CR=Coach Ranking, LLT=Long Lived Team, QS=Quick Start, SA=Swift Applicant, TR=Team Ranking

Team Name...........................Race...........Coach.....................How earned spot

Buffy Episodes.........................Orc..............RandomOracle........CR I
Excessiveness is Mediocrity.....Human.........CircularLogic...........CR II
Barak Var Knucklebreakers......Dwarf...........gamenutter............CR III

Till Death Do Us Part.................Skaven........Menikmati...............LLT I
Darkie's Dreams.......................Dark Elf......Sinner....................LLT II

Rhazgul's Judgment.................Chaos.........Naama....................QS I
Greenskin Horde......................Orc..............Sandune................QS II
Slick's Wrath...........................Dark Elf.......Slick........................QS III
Da 'Ard Boyz............................Orc..............Dreadclaw..............QS IV
Flowers and Manga Babes........Dark Elf.......Gatts........................QS V
Nandorins...............................High Elf........kfoged....................QS VI
Tribez Too...............................Orc..............Parallax..................QS VII
Clam Marauders......................Orc..............Ibar.........................QS VIII
Haandbold Piger......................Chaos..........Buur.......................QS IX
Weapon Masters......................Skaven........AFK_Eagle..............QS X
Spreading Dekay.....................Skaven.........flix..........................QS XI
Green and Purple Stripes..........Orc..............Purplechest............QS XII
Axiom.....................................Dark Elf.......tautology................QS XIII
Defenders of the Naggaroth......Dark Elf........Quaruk...................QS XIV
Whamri..................................Khemri.........cwebb....................QS XV
Tough Enough and Rough Enough.....Orc........Csonti....................QS XVI
Defilers of Dreams..................Chaos...........InZanity.................QS XVII
Children of the Horned Rat........Skaven..........Bytez0r.................QS XVIII
Deepwood Junkies..................Wood Elf......FischerKing.............QS XIX
AGI Freaks...............................Dark Elf........knowfear................QS XX

Deadland Devils........................Undead......Fejd.........................SA I
Butcher Boyz...........................Orc..............Drunken_Master.....SA II
Underdark Nightmares..............Dark Elf.......Arcon......................SA III
Mandinka Tribe......................Chaos Dwarf.....Tricktickler...........SA IV

Blood Falcons.........................Dark Elf........Malthor...................TR I
Southside Maulers...................Chaos..........tza.........................TR II
Power of Grayskull...................Wood Elf.....PMG........................TR III

Race Breakdown
8--Dark Elf
8--Orc
4--Chaos
4--Skaven
2--Wood Elf
1--Chaos Dwarf
1--Dwarf
1--High Elf
1--Human
1--Khemri
1--Undead

All 32 spots are taken...who will claim the title as FC Champion? Stay tuned...

Last edited by AFK_Eagle on %b %04, %2005 - %20:%Nov; edited 34 times in total
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Somebody said a couple weeks back in chat that elves would dominate this tournament, yet of the first 8 contenders we have 4 orcs, a chaos and 3 elves...seems a tad bashy, not elfy, to me!

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Surprised by the lack of dwarfness so far (chaos or otherwise)

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Trif's Dig Dug has a shot, as they're in their final qualifier match vs some darkies...

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Butcher boys is my bet so far. Damn they look strong.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

No flings? That's so sad....

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

if Qaz can get his dorfs in, I'd say they're a damn strong contender for everything (took a damn ork team with 3 starplayers + wiz to break 'em). Kfoged is allways a wild card as well - if Nuffle ain't chappin' his ass, he can make it very far Smile And offcourse Nuffle's ugly redheaded stepchild Dreadclaw if he can controll his fouling can be a serious contender imo.

As for the woodies- in the league of just the teams mentioned above, I'd dare say 'good luck after the first TD' Smile
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Does anybody know how to use html coding for making tables in a forum topic? I know how in a team bio, but if I could do the same for the first post, it would be a LOT easier to keep things lined up for readability than adding all those extra periods for proper spacing...

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps there should be a functionality for a fan betting system. Would be an interesting idea to allow teams to risk their teams cash in order to bet on the outcome of games and the overall winner. Potential rewards would be of course winning more money for your team if you get it right. Not wholely serious about it, but a interesting thought. As for the present teams that have made it, I will hold my predictions till all the members of the dance have been settled upon.

diarmuid
ElGuappo

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

As a proud woodie coach myself i'm not at all surprised at the lack of elfyness, its hard to last several games of high ranked tourney bashing with an AV7 team, i lost about 60 TR/TS after my two games. I also only lost on a coin toss too so at least I can say i'm undefeated in the FC..... Wink

Last edited by ElGuappo on %b %11, %2005 - %23:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Does anybody know how to use html coding for making tables in a forum topic? I know how in a team bio, but if I could do the same for the first post, it would be a LOT easier to keep things lined up for readability than adding all those extra periods for proper spacing...

If deselecting "disable html in this post" doesn't work, then tables aren't allowed by the forum coding.

You could also try putting it in a code block, since that uses uniformly sized characters.

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

where there is betting there is match fixing

but don't pay any attention to me, i'm just a cynical bastard with no faith in the human race Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

/me agrees with Satans Mechanic
/me also thinks it is very funny to post IGNORE ME in a forum Very Happy

Surely if you want people to ignore you you then it would be better to not po..... never mind, i'm sure y'all get it Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, disable HTML and BBCode were never clicked in the first place, so in theory they should be allowed. The fact I still can't get tables to work tells me that topic posts don't support tables. Bummer...

Mezir, assume I'm only partly computer literate, and the little html coding I know has been gleaned piece-meal over time...what do you mean by "code block"...?

Edit: NM, figured something out...yet another factoid learned via trial and error! lol

Edit2: Although blocking does indeed make proper spacing easier, I'm unable to have a url link to the team in question within a code block. As I think it very valuable to keep said link intact, I'll just have to put up with experimenting in spacing to keep things in line with each other...

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

ElGuappo wrote:
/me also thinks it is very funny to post IGNORE ME in a forum Very Happy

I never said i wanted them to ignore me, just that they would probably be better off if they did Very Happy
 Jump to: