38 coaches online • Server time: 10:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Synn

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Fun With Goats is making their third tourney appearance following the debacle known as the FUMBBL CUP. This time, we have found a corporate sponsor.....

The bank account is nice!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=163488

Early predictions and favorites before the brackets are released?

Hands down favorite:
Nandorins
**This team is the best it has ever been and currently has the best player in all of FUMBBL with that DW. An upset if he does not make it through the qualis.

Dark Horse Candidate:
Larethians Chosen
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=209029
**A team that is silently stalking its way into the tourney. Enough Guard and ST to dispose of high strength opponents if need be. Watch for this team to make some noise.

Crowd Favorite:
TS 203 Wood Elves
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=190930
**With half the groups chosen already, Derbil has a group chock full of bashers. This works in his advantage as Derbil has been putting the blood in BloodBowl longer then most of us have been a member. Watch for a strong performance from the CasMaster.

Potential Upset in the Making:
Wuts the Ball?
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=131022
**2 AG 4 ogres makes this one of the more efficient Ogre offenses in all the land. JKA is known for being a truly sissy coach. Clearly she will have to change that to survive a group that includes PMG and Falcone.

Notable Mentions:
No Goats No Glory <-- Strongest Chaos Team
Spreading DK <-- never bet against Flix in a tourney. Home team advantage.
Mandinka Tribe <-- Solid team all around

__Synn
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Its time for a new order, a New World Orc Order. Bringing orc smashing goodness and a surehands, 4ag bob. Team also has a solid troll anchor, 3 bobs with block and a block/guard gobbo. Good ff and good coaching means they may win at least 1 game.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

My ogres are going to show the elfs HOW to play ball. The gobbos are pulling their sharp pointy boots out of the lockers and the ogres are fueled for a passing game like no other ogres in all the lands.
Uber

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

My sissy elves have used political pressure to hustle their way into the tourney. They may be no Nandorins, but they'll fight to the bitter end to try to reach their legendary status.

And Synn, you must be dreaming if you think those puny 13 pro elves will go through a 4 round qualifier and live to tell the story, no matter how many guards they have. One dwarf team is all it takes to send em packing. Number is key.

Last edited by Uber on Feb 05, 2006 - 04:40; edited 1 time in total
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Having a High Elf team is not the bst wqay to get considered for a spot in the finals. Having that same High Elf team in what appears to be the same group as another, shall we say, more famed High Elf team, oesnt make it any easier to get recognized for having any chances at all.

But my pointy-eared ones are nontheless ready to give the Nandorins as much resistance as possible. We agree a High Elf team should win this tournament as well, we just dont agree which one. And if nothing else, on paper, we are still one of the strongest teams in the qualifier.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=152827

But lets see, this team is new when it comes to big tournaments, this will be their first.
Warmduscher

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

My friendly elfbowling Chaos Chaos Avatars are in the show too. Most notable about this team is the completely tentacled (and almost completely niggled) array of Chaos Warriors and the no.1 active chaos thrower God of Stepmothers.
But these whimps are already scared of the razta's Leningrad Cowboys, a fellow Chaos team more evil then they will ever be.
Also a big threat to the well-being of my poor non-bashy team are MadTias' solid Orcs, the Teef Rippas who will most likely grind them to dust if it comes to blows between us.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Warmduscher, you LIAR!

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2006 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Man, that was AGES ago. The player who did 3 of the cas isn't even on the team anymore. They have said farewell to their bashy past and are now concentraiting on quick passes and fast maneuvres, really.
And they are only in the new EMU because of team tradition. So, nothing to fear from them.
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2006 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If some lucky punk should somehow knock me out of the tourney, my support will be on Angelface's really cool Vampire team
Optihut

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2006 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I am still working on getting into the tournament, there's one more match to go.

EDIT: Oh, doh, this is the roll call for the qualifier tournament. Well, yeah, I am there and confident enough to bet on my guys Razz
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2006 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Me not, I entered with a pretty low rated pro elves team, I don't expect to go far.

Besides, I am in the same group as Gatts and Csonti if I ever pass my turn vs Pjotor.

Bahh beeing the underdog is nice!

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2006 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

cheer up, sk8bcn!
More confidence in your team, your skill, and if that won´t do, in luck!

I am all confident, my Ogres can beat them all. The Nandorins, the Grandarchers, the Mandinka Tribe, or what ever team I´ll have to face once I did beat the Scharfe Biester to a mass of blood, bones and flesh!

Hey, and if I don´t, it will be bad luck, of course. Or my opponent using dirty tricks like stalling, fouling using tackle on stunties, or the like!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Naama

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2006 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

And so Rhazgul's Judgement marches forward towards the third tier in the first Qualifier, defeating Istarios Pro Elves. Bring 'em on Smile

Heh well, should really have lost that game, made so many mistakes i can't even count them using all fingers. But i guess it's the outcome that matters, and so the journey continues onward, to where no man has fouled before.
 Jump to: