39 coaches online • Server time: 13:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
thesquig

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty random topic I know... but recently someone very close to me has started taking interest in substances I would never, ever consider and that are totally illeagal. Just wondering what folks in the international fumbbl community have tried or considered?

I've tried class C in UK. This may be different where you are? I'm in a bit of a moral dillema and need a bit of guidance, who would have thought fumbbl could help me eh? Wink

I know most of you are decent people, let me know please Smile

Cheers,

Dean.

seouledout

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Which are you "moral"-ly opposed to... taking drugs, breaking the law, or both?
thesquig

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

More to taking drugs to be perfectly honest. Getting away with it is pretty easy, as far as Im aware.

seouledout

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... I agree with you. I am not at all interested in taking drugs, but if your friend chooses to take drugs then it is really his choice.

Would you be posting here if your friend had a drink or smoked a cigarette? My guess is "NO".

I find it a little surprising that you less of a problem with him commiting a crime than you do with him making a choice about his own body. Unless you think that it will become a problem, I wouldn't fret about it too much.
danielcollins

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well all drugs are good and bad. Unless as you aren't hurting anyone else it's up to you imo Smile
thesquig

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I do care about the legality of it, because that can have serious repercussions. I just feel its unlikely that they will ever get caught. I guess I'm asking what these random folks in different countries think of this. Smile

shagga

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Im UK based and do not see problems with anyone taking certain drugs but if your friend is weak minded then he needs to be wary. All drugs are addictive be it a physical or mental addiction, some though are so bad they can literally be proven to destroy peoples lives. If its canabis you're referring to then I'd not be too worried about your friend, ecstacy, Heroin or speed I'd tend to mention you'd prefer him/her not to do them around you. I had a friend that went off the rails on heroin and ended up with a collapsed lung and a year of misery getting off the stuff. What they do to their body is their choice but as a friend you also have a duty to be honest about how you feel if its a big problem for them.

The rule above also applies to friends who smoke and binge drink heavily. I smoke but do not mind friends mentioning occasionally how much they hate their clothes stinking as a result of my bad habit. I was verging on alcoholism a couple of years back but my friends never pointed out how bad my drinking had become, 40-50 pints a week, if they had maybe I'd have thought about it more. Fortunately for me I had a weight problem so when I realised I was seriously shortening my lifespan I stopped drinking and started eating healthy to lose weight. Smoking on the otherhand I still do but I intend to knock that on the head sooner rather than later.

In summary, if you value your friendship and are really bothered about his/her health then speak up, even if its only to give him some food for thought.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I have tried some soft drugs.
Was purely social though and i was not too impressed with the effects so i don't feel the need to use more.
Never tried hard drugs as i don't want to be addicted.
It's not illegal to use soft drugs here (netherlands).

About your situation...when you don't feel like you want to try, don't Smile

Greetings,
Rijssiej
Zlefin

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

As a note, he should consider the second-hand consequences of any such use. While the direct effects are on the body, the effect of a damaged life, can greatly hurt parents and other loved ones. And with some of the harder drugs especially, though also with alcohol, there is a real potential for serious second hand damage through accidents or bizarre behavior under the influence. If I remember, something like half of all crimes are committed under the influence. Hard-core addictive drugs can also lead to theft to support them. Alcohol is a frequent contributor to abuse.
So be aware of the second-hand effects, i'm sure there's some i'm not thinking of.
RagingGoblin

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

meh drugs are for losers.
Hassan_Ninkin

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

my unwanted two cents coming up.

smoking an occassional joint? no problem. spending a weekend of your summer vacation so stoned you can't get off the couch? Fine. Smoking weed every day of your life as a "lifestyle user"? Disgusting.
Of course, I have this view about cigarettes and alcohol as well. My opinion is that people should feel free to do what they want with their bodies and be held accountable for the actions they take while under the influence. Of course, I'd also like to see heroin, speed, morphein, and any other deadly drugs legalized so that the bastards strung out on it can feel free to go OD and quit wasting our social security and welfare money. Let them all Darwin themselves out of the equation and the next generation can move forward without them.
mymLaban

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

i like my joints with my coffee and BB besides weed i dont touch anything except for at Roskilde festival and its soon Very Happy when im there i go rather grazy no need for details.
monboesen

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Drugs are illegal for a reason. That reason is that the destroy peoples lives. Unfortunately the destruction often ends up including other peoples lifes as well, especially their family and friends.

A drugs effect is also highly individual. Some people can do a drug for years without serious problems and relatively easily stop again. Others are hooked for their lives from the first time they use a drug.

For the sake of your friends mental and physical health and your own conscience you should express your concern.
kemimutt

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Illegal drugs are great. +ag or +str. Both are great!
Hassan_Ninkin

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

monboesen wrote:
Drugs are illegal for a reason. That reason is that the destroy peoples lives. Unfortunately the destruction often ends up including other peoples lifes as well, especially their family and friends.

A drugs effect is also highly individual. Some people can do a drug for years without serious problems and relatively easily stop again. Others are hooked for their lives from the first time they use a drug.

For the sake of your friends mental and physical health and your own conscience you should express your concern.

the reason for the legality of drugs will vary from country to country, and can be reasonably argued from multiple viewpoints. I don't think it's safe to assume that you know why drugs are illegal until you study the history of the criminalization movement. There are quite a few other factors that went into the criminalization of drugs. A totally different question, and one that people should be asking is "Why are they STILL illegal?" If an answer can be provided that isn't negated by the legality of cigarettes, alcohol, gambling, and owning a Honda, I'll listen.

My opinion will remain my own on this topic, and will not be shared because I don't feel that this is the place to start a heated debate about a topic about which none of us has an educated and completely unbiased view.
 Jump to: