36 coaches online • Server time: 11:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalimar

Post 4 Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear FFB testers,

you have all done an outstanding job by sending in lots and lots of bug reports to fill my lonely evening hours. Please continue to do so. Once it is finished FFB will indeed be a very thoroughly tested and stable piece of software. That is awesome!

There are 2 things I'd like to ask of you in the future, though:

1) The way of reporting bugs has changed. Christer has implemented are very neat Bug Reporting System that makes following bugs easier for all involved. As of the next version (0.5.5) I will therefor no longer maintain new bugs in this forum. So please do shift over to the new system, it is well worth it. Old and as of yet unfixed bugs here will still be dealed with, of course.

2) Reporting bugs (your part) and fixing bugs (my part) is most important, of course. But we will completely lose track if bugs are not properly closed. Once I mark a bug as fixed I need the fix to be confirmed (because I am not perfect). Ideally by the original poster, but of course everyone is welcome to do so. Add a quick note to the thread such as "Confirmed fixed", "Did not happen any more in our game" or the likes and mark the bug closed in the bug reporting system. If it isn't gone, set it to reopen so I see it again and hopefully deal with it for good next time.

Thanks for your help!

Kalimar
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it help to have a status: REQUIRES CONFIRMATION ?

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

All fixes marked as solved require confirmation.
So all bugs with the state RESOLVED are on the way to be either CLOSED or REOPENED.
Bugs should not remain in that state.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Can i hint at finally getting on the cheerleaders next release, i have been reporting and confirming bugs fixed, i would love to see my name on there.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

@freak: sorry for that, must have been getting sloppy with checking the names as most are on the list already. Will go through the reports again, promised.

Here, take a pom pom (promoted you to Cheerleader) Smile
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

#    #
  \0/

You forgot the pom-poms!
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2010 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Bugfix validation will be a lot easier with the new test mode. See my blog entry on this.
 Jump to: