69 coaches online • Server time: 22:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

This might be a silly idea, but in light of a number of ongoing debates over rules implementation for the new client, I thought a FFB Rules Committee (FRC) could be established to decide on how best to implement the more contentious skills (I.e. what is optional, Vamps using HG from their prone state, etc.) that would tend to only complicate the online play unnecessarily, severely slow the game, or are just plain dumb (see vamps on their backs). It would allow the FFB client to closely match the letter of the rules without exhausting effort on trivial skill situations and such by having our own official house rules.

And no, this isn't a ploy for me to be on this FRC, there are much more knowledgeable and well positioned persons than myself.

Thoughts?

edit: probably should have been in the FFB Client Beta forum.
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

this site is run by a king. it has worked very well so far and i hope it will continue to run that way. all hail big C
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's Kalimar who should decide also based on the difficulty to implement it in his client. From the fumbbl side Christer is the person who decides anyhow.
I think it's not a problem to establish a comitee but it's functionality should be rather advisory.
It can make a suggestion to Kalimar and he then can consider if it makes sense in his vision of the client.

Last edited by Wreckage on Sep 16, 2010 - 21:47; edited 1 time in total
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

so its vicius who works on this client?;p i think it was a lad named Kalimar but correct me if im wrong.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Diddyboy wrote:
this site is run by a king. it has worked very well so far and i hope it will continue to run that way. all hail big C

Obviously it would include Christer, Kalimar, and a few others. Just thought it would be nice to resolve a number of the more vaguely worded skills and such in the rules. If it is C alone then that is fine too.
SneakyFox

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really mind if there are some differences from the boardgame. I just don't want them to leave some skill implemented in a way that differs from the boardgame and then say it should not be used in a certain way or the abuser gets banned. Like with the chainsaw bug in skijunkie's client.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as these are really very small changes that might make the functioning of the client easier, than it can be done. Just as long as it does not end up changing up major stuff like bringing back the eye , "because everybody loves the eye" or something else a group here decided.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

As for this prone vamp debate. I think it is crazy he clearly shouldnt be able to HG when prone.
As for the comittee, it's not a bad idea. But really I think we should just leave the decisions up to Kalimar and Christer alone, tehy always use common sense and I can't remeber a time Christer has got something wrong. The site has worked perfectly as a dictatorship and long may it continue.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

On the topic of HG when proned, taken from Knock Downs and Injuries in CRP:
Quote:
[...]While Prone, the player loses his tackle zones and may do nothing before standing up at a cost of three squares of his movement when he next takes an Action. [...]

In other words, HG is at the end of a move action, however until he spends three squares of his movement to stand up, he is not allowed to anything.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

@Shraag: I think Garion is referring to Galak Starscraper's ruling:
regarding Galak, uuni wrote:
Yup, here it is, straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?p=554125#p554125

"GalakStarscraper
Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:22 am
Godfather of Blood Bowl

"Digger Goreman wrote:
So, and let's see if I get this right:

Vamp is prone
You'd like him to stay prone
You roll bloodlust and, if passed, may choose to keep him grounded... then gaze....
If you fail bloodlust, you can either have him stay grounded, gaze and leave (for failed bloodlust and not standing next to a thrall)... or... have him stand, gaze, and bite an accomodating thrall.... Of course, if he's on the sideline, it's a probable problem for you....

Is all that correct?"
Yes this is correct.

To rephrase what you said since two people said you were wrong and you were not:

If he is Prone and all you want to do is Gaze someone:
If you pass Blood Lust you can stay prone and gaze.
If you fail Blood Lust you can A) stay prone, gaze and then be sent to reserves (turnover) or B) stand up, gaze and bite a thrall.

pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Democracy only causes problems.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

agreed Russia was doing so well.... Laughing
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

soultoken wrote:
pythrr wrote:

agreed Russia was doing so well.... Laughing

Not much better than it is doing now.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

uuni wrote:
@Shraag: I think Garion is referring to Galak Starscraper's ruling:
regarding Galak, uuni wrote:
Yup, here it is, straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?p=554125#p554125

"GalakStarscraper
Post subject: Re: Hypnotic Gaze & Tentacles ... did I get another rule wro
Post Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:22 am
Godfather of Blood Bowl

"Digger Goreman wrote:
So, and let's see if I get this right:

Vamp is prone
You'd like him to stay prone
You roll bloodlust and, if passed, may choose to keep him grounded... then gaze....
If you fail bloodlust, you can either have him stay grounded, gaze and leave (for failed bloodlust and not standing next to a thrall)... or... have him stand, gaze, and bite an accomodating thrall.... Of course, if he's on the sideline, it's a probable problem for you....

Is all that correct?"
Yes this is correct.

To rephrase what you said since two people said you were wrong and you were not:

If he is Prone and all you want to do is Gaze someone:
If you pass Blood Lust you can stay prone and gaze.
If you fail Blood Lust you can A) stay prone, gaze and then be sent to reserves (turnover) or B) stand up, gaze and bite a thrall.

So this is in the official rules? Therefore I am against the commitee. I thought it was some problem with the client. It will just end up, when some people trying to re-integrate things they like about lrb4.
f_alk

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

This is as official as a comment of the creator of a ruleset who has no official position anymore.

I like Shraaaag's finding. I can imagine that Galak forgot about that line, and went with an interpretation of the rules which makes sense without that line. If we was asked with a reminder of that line, he might answer differently.
(Maybe that was done in the thread on talkffb, but I am too lazy to sign up now)
 Jump to: