48 coaches online • Server time: 20:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
uuni

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2010 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I wholeheartedly support this:
SneakyFox wrote:
I just don't want them to leave some skill implemented in a way that differs from the boardgame and then say it should not be used in a certain way or the abuser gets banned.

Whatball's original suggestion is not born dead. I find its point to not be in having a certain way to House Rule FUMBBL, but to have a clear and defined process in House Ruling or even to find a correct interpretation of FFB rules. I think that such a process could benefit the whole FUMBBL community.

It could be Christer, it could be Kalimar, popular vote, random jury or throwing of Hobgoblin bones. Any process might be good.

Of course we can always go on with the zero-option of the current way of doing things, there is not any sorts of critical failures going on.

Also, @WhatBall, sorry to not attributing the introduction of the hypnogaze case correctly to you previously. Smile
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

f_alk wrote:
This is as official as a comment of the creator of a ruleset who has no official position anymore.

I like Shraaaag's finding. I can imagine that Galak forgot about that line, and went with an interpretation of the rules which makes sense without that line. If we was asked with a reminder of that line, he might answer differently.
(Maybe that was done in the thread on talkffb, but I am too lazy to sign up now)

Hi Guys ... I know I'm retired from the gig of BB rules writer from GW. I'm happy to give you my thoughts if you have question and you can take it for what it is worth.

I spent 5 years trying to find all the rules intersections and either remove them or clarify them but there are a lot of possible rule intersections in this game. (like Apothecary use on a KO'd Ball and Chain player ... even I'm not sure what happens with that still as it was brought up just a few months ago).

Anyway on this topic f_alk is right. I had missed the text on page 11 that said "may do nothing" and instead was focused on the text on Page 23 "Only Extraordinary skills work when a player is Prone or Stunned."

Looking back over the text I would have to agree that page 11 is the superceding text in this case. Page 23 allows passive Extraordinary skills to still be in effect like Distrubing Presense and all the Negatraits (Take Root, Wild Animal, Bonehead, Blood Lust, etc.) In this case using the Extraordinary skill Hypnotic Gaze while Prone would definitely be "doing something" as you are actively declaring and even rolling dice for it so I cannot see it falling into the category of passive.

As a result ... with Shraaaag's comment on the text I missed I concur with him that Hypnotic Gaze may not be used while Prone.

If you ever need a quick opinion ... happy to give one ... just email me impactminiatures@gmail.com and give me a link to the thread and I'll do my best to give you my thoughts. In a game as complex as BB I might swing and miss from time to time but since I actually had to retype a lot of that book I know where most the rule clarifications are.

Thanks,
Tom/Galak
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Back on topic - interweb committee = bad idea.

BigC FTW, supported where needed by Kalimar.
nin

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

In game rules: Kalimar does the work and I'm sure he's smart enought to make good decisions most of the time.

Pre-Match/Post-Match/League/Tournaments: Crister is a genius.

Comittee: probably no need for an official one, whenever a tricky issue appears, forum threads discuss it allready, so both Christer and Kalimar can get ideas from some of the sarpest thinkers here. Even if that doesn't work at some point, they can contact in chat or PM anibody they want to get impot from.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/ I find it remarkable that Galak still keeps up to date with forum entries.
After all the relationship with Fumbbl has been somewhat less than stellar in the past.

@PurpleGoo: it's not as if anyone could change that really. All discussion aside. Neither Christer nor I are very verbose in those discussions. I still like to read in and gain some ideas or find some support (or arguments against) for my less well informed choices.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Good!
uuni

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Rejoice! The balance in the Force has been renewed!

I also added info on this to the 2 bug reports about this.
Sinnyil

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh good, I had thought it worked that way and was not comfortable with the idea that Galak was wrong Wink
 Jump to: