32 coaches online • Server time: 11:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wakslo

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed a tactic used by more than one coach but I'll use a generic example so as not to call anyone out (myself included).

I have a DE team in FFB and 11 guys. I play a game and get two guys killed, down to 9 players now. After the $$$ at the end of the match I have 80k in the bank. Normally I'd buy a new lino to get 10 and hope for enough to get 11 after my next game.

In lrb6 there are journeymen. So instead of spending 70k on a new lino I save it and take two journeymen. I'm bound to get 20k next match and buy a blitzer and use a journeyman again next match to be at 11. So instead of buying a 2 linos I can save and buy 2 positionals using journeymen in the meantime.

Is this cheating? I remember reading somewhere it was frowned upon, but nothing is done to stop it. Could people be "forced" to buy a new lino if they have the cash and less than 11 players? Also brings up MNG. Do you force someone to buy a lino to have 11 or let them save the money and use a journeyman while their player heals?
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

That is totally OK, that is the way journeymen are ment to be used.
Journeymen are worse than your standard linemen, so meanwhile you do this you are worse off than you would have been with your real players. Also all SPP the journeymen gets are lost.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

eh, journeyman abuse might happen when you have 800,000 gc not 80,000. There is no obligation to buy players simply because you can afford them. If you are saving up to buy a positional, it is entirely acceptable to use jourmeymen. In fact I might even go so far as to argue that is what they are for...

If on the other hand you are just trying to accumulate 1.5 million gc in order to beat spiralling expenses - then yes IMO that is abusing the system.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Not cheating by any means. Journeymen still cost the same amount in TV as normal linemen, but they have loner.
stej

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Be nice to your journeymen, dont abuse them!

It might be more of an abuse when you can hire them when they get SPPs in early team development. Field a lot of journeymen and save up cash only buying the ones that you skill up
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

mm, journeyman abuse.

pedobear likes.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2010 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
Be nice to your journeymen, dont abuse them!

It might be more of an abuse when you can hire them when they get SPPs in early team development. Field a lot of journeymen and save up cash only buying the ones that you skill up

If you don't mind getting your face stomped in every match because half your team keeps botching your rerolls, sure.
 Jump to: