45 coaches online • Server time: 20:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I think most everyone knows that Awards have been (somewhat) broken since the FFB migration. Certainly the Player and Picker categories are shot, though perhaps some of the others are ok.

Anyway, that being the case, I am making a plea that they receive some dev-love, because I think they really add a lot to the meta-experience of FUMBBL.

Here are a few reasons why I think Awards are a good thing:

1) They give you a nice set of personal goals to aim for that are not directly related to winning and losing

2) They are a nice badge of honour for veteran players

3) They encourage people to play with sub-optimal teams and outside of their comfort zone and thus lead to greater diversity in FUMBBL

4) It gives people a reason to play more Blood Bowl!

I recall when I first joined FUMBBL (yes, a mere two and a half years ago) there were a great many people and teams seeking to play just to hit award-related goals. Now that aspect is dead.

To my mind, one of the best things about Awards is reason 1. Awards encouraged people to have fun playing this game in different ways without becoming obsessed with micro-management and winning.

So please fix Awards (or even expand and enhance Awards!)and let's all reap the benefits of meta-gaming fun.

Thanks

K_G
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

O yes!

Yes indeed!

I'm still on my project to gather all Addict player and picker awards, but whenever I make the 100 games with something it feels a bit empty not to actually get the award.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Please DON'T waste time fixing awards, until other more pressing updates are done. I.e. Leagues, et al.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

awards where awesome
blader4411

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd much rather have the client completed and divisions sorted than some badges on my account. Prioritisation is key.

-Blader
SvenS

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed but big C doesnt do the client himself and might wanna have a look at the awards!

I miss em too.

SL
Christer

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 15:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

In reality, my prio list varies depending on what I feel like working on.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

As it should! Wink

SL
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2012 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
In reality, my prio list varies depending on what I feel like working on.

/me sends an awards vibe in the general direction of Sweden

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2022 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

By making use of my vast powers of Necromacy and a pack of two week old minced beef, I summon this thread back from oblivion. But I do not do so lightly. I have a question for the coaches of ancient past. (You know... like a decade ago, dawg.)

What are the "Player and Picker categories" which are referenced as being shot? Was this a separate award system that those newer to FUMBBL could know about?

Dalfort

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2022 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
By making use of my vast powers of Necromacy and a pack of two week old minced beef, I summon this thread back from oblivion. But I do not do so lightly. I have a question for the coaches of ancient past. (You know... like a decade ago, dawg.)

What are the "Player and Picker categories" which are referenced as being shot? Was this a separate award system that those newer to FUMBBL could know about?

Kudos on an excellent Necro <clap>, I do remember the Awards (I never managed to get the 5 consecutive wins one!!) but I am a little hazy on the Player/Picker definitions. It may have been an early version of Grid Filling or simply number of games played (As for Player, Vs for Picker) perhaps Christer can remember? Either way I would love to see Award return in any form.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2022 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this about badges ?

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19352&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
https://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=25&page=16

If not it might be about the award from Faction divsion:

https://fumbbl.com/help:Faction
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2479

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2022 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

@Dalfort -- This thread seems to imply the Awards were built into the Fumbbl site. Did each coach have an awards page? (Or was it more on the honor system like badges?)

Garion wrote:
Is this about badges?

Well, it's about badges to the extent that apparently there were badges handed out before there were badges? (Okay, now I'm dizzy.) Smile Specifically the "Pick Pick Pick" badge is earned by "Have A Picker And Player Badge For All R Races". I'm concerned those aren't things people can do anymore. (And if it IS something that still has meaning... I can change it to C... but...)

I'll run down those links though. Thank you!
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2022 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The Awards were built into the site. They lived on the About page, or the Statistics page, I dont remember.
Player awards were just x games played with a certain roster. So after 10 games with Orcs you got the noob Orc player Award, after 50 games the Veteran Orc player Award etc. I remember neither the values nor the actual names.
Picker Awards were the same but what you played against.
There was also x blocks total giving you the Noob/Veteran/Master Blocker Awards, same for fouls, passes etc.

Ask MerryZ, he still runs his tribute teams: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1054870
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2022 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I miss the Zen Blocker status.

Jump to: