40 coaches online • Server time: 16:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2015 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Done25 wrote:
Tarabaralla wrote:
I care!
100% for the 0-1000TV treated as 1000 anyway, I was probably one of the first to suggest it, and I feel you're not getting the point: it's not about competitiveness (meet an amazon/dwarf/wood team and you lose anyawy whatever you do), it's about fun: stunties (goblins and halflings) need inducement to be FUN TO PLAY, nothing else. Yes, they'll even get a bit of a boost to increase their win ratio almost to 50% maybe, or a bit more if you meet bad coaches with poor rookie teams. But that's all.

That's one of the problems. Goblins/Halflings NEED to be at least 100k under their opponents to really get any use out of their biggest strength. That being their cheap Bribes/Halfing Chef.

I personally belive they should each be able to buy a permanent version of each as they're both immensly critical to how each team plays.
Goblins need bribes for their secret weapons and to foul with the chainsaw, while Halflings need the chef to prevent the enemy team from using RRs.

If they "NEED"ed them, they'd never win. But they do. So perhaps you'd prefer them with that option, but they don't NEED it (or anything else).

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2015 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Even Woods don't NEED wardancers to win. But that's their thing, same goes with gob bribes and fling chef. How fun are gobz with weapons and without? And how fun are flings when your trees get rooted in turn 3 and you can't reroll that?
Done25

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2015 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Uedder wrote:
Even Woods don't NEED wardancers to win. But that's their thing, same goes with gob bribes and fling chef. How fun are gobz with weapons and without? And how fun are flings when your trees get rooted in turn 3 and you can't reroll that?

This.

Yes, you can play goblins without bribes. But are you really playing goblins if you're not using secret weapons and fouling that lv 7 Chaos Warrior with your chainsaw everytime he uses Pile On?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2015 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't say they wouldn't like to have those things, or that you wouldn't prefer to use them. This is merely semantics, not disagreement.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2015 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

What ARR the statistics of Elven teams playing in the box after 30 games and above 150 TV? In my last 25 games with My High Elf team I have only had one match against an Elven team. When playing the ELF and ARR meta games this fact makes it frustrating.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2015 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I might be creating secondary iterations of my elf teams Nerdbird - they'll be long lived as well. I'm finding that entering tournaments with the whalelfs and woodies really diminishes the ability to play them on a regular basis and they're my two favorite elf teams. Also that grid isn't going to fill itself with high TV elves (or scared fling coaches)
mekutata

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2015 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblins should fake high TVs before starting Gamefinder/Boxseeding. Of course a dicethrow should decide if the fake TV works out or not. Just as Goblins do.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2017 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I guess that has settled that issue.
 Jump to: