46 coaches online • Server time: 00:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras has informed me that one awards "Boons", which always add 20k in TV value, even if it was a +ST awarded. Any "boon" can then be edited into any different skill from the 'Edit Skills' drop down, and once swapped in this manner, it will behave like an earned skill, and add the appropriate TV, such as Dodge on a human blitzer template adding 30k as a doubles skill.

That is probably not something I would have figured out on my own, and perhaps not the only way to skin the cat.

Anyway, thanks to Andras and det for helping me switch the DLE2 rosters over to use the cool, new features.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
bghandras has informed me that one awards "Boons", which always add 20k in TV value, even if it was a +ST awarded. Any "boon" can then be edited into any different skill from the 'Edit Skills' drop down, and once swapped in this manner, it will behave like an earned skill, and add the appropriate TV, such as Dodge on a human blitzer template adding 30k as a doubles skill.

That is probably not something I would have figured out on my own, and perhaps not the only way to skin the cat.

Anyway, thanks to Andras and det for helping me switch the DLE2 rosters over to use the cool, new features.

Great info, thanks!
Christer

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 15:30
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Be careful swapping an awarded skill to something else. What you're doing is equivalent to granting a skill roll and picking whatever you changed to.

So for example:
If you have a rookie lineman and add a skill award, and the player then reaches 6 SPP a skill roll will be added to the player as per normal.

However, if you grant a skill roll (or simply swap an existing awarded skill), the player will NOT get the skill roll at 6SPP.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The awards are not normal skills. Awards all cost 20k TW, and they do not count towards skill progression. This is not a bug, but a feature that allows special prizes for league winners. For normal skilling, just avoid award-skills, and all should be good.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this feature above for the league division or custom ruleset?

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2019 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

These are one of the most awesome features since I am on the site! Thanks a lot Christer!

One thing is missing though: Buy New Player informs me that "You do not own this team."

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Still can't figure out how to access these features.

I'm guessing it might be because the league I'm admin of (https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=8250&op=view) isn't the right set-up? Not 100% as it's my first league, so still figuring it all out.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2019 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you are correct.

Your league is set up as a "group". You need to switch it to a "league" and assign it a ruleset. 6 for regular leagues.

You will then need to import all the teams.

It might be best to wait until the end of the season.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2019 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Another think is missing: I can not edit the fanfactor. I have to tell the applicant he can choose between coach/cheerleader only for the 10k he forgot in treasury.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2020 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly - thanks Christer for coding this, what a great tool for leagues! When I read this thread I got the idea to set up a league using only the famous team rosters which have been published in various places (Almanac, Spikes, BB site), and have started to get a few coaches together here: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=31139&highlight=controls+league+managers

However I have one question if anyone can help please? Once we're ready to start the League, I assume coaches will create their chosen teams and then as the League Commissioner I will be able to edit each roster so it precisely matches what is published. However once I've added the required skills, I assume each player will then be set to the equivalent no. of SPP, or I can set SPP manually too? Otherwise it could cause problems eg. with Morg on the Chaos Allstars already getting another skill at a further 6 spp... ?
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2020 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah. It seems not.

So, you run into the same trouble I had with my idea.

Time for a feature request? Wink

I would like to be able to set some players on the team as legends and some as rookies, etc.

I would also like to have this as a default that I could set when creating positions on a race.
This way, commishes would not need to edit all the players. Wink
Any player created from the template would automatically get the correct SPPs.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2020 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:

However I have one question if anyone can help please? Once we're ready to start the League, I assume coaches will create their chosen teams and then as the League Commissioner I will be able to edit each roster so it precisely matches what is published. However once I've added the required skills, I assume each player will then be set to the equivalent no. of SPP, or I can set SPP manually too? Otherwise it could cause problems eg. with Morg on the Chaos Allstars already getting another skill at a further 6 spp... ?

It is possible as I know. You can award extra skills, manually set SPPs, add/remove injuries, etc.

If the league is intended to be progressive then I would go for regular rosters, make the coaches create the players, then edit the players manually to match the legendary teams. Then I would roll for SPP. Eg. Ramtut III has 2 extra skills so his SPP should be between 16 and 30 inclusive.

This is more tricky:

Spike!4 wrote:

At the start of the game, nominate one opposition player. For the duration of this game, that player will count as having the Decay skill to represent the determination with which Tomolandry’s players pursue this potential future signing. Additionally, once per game, a player on this team may attempt to Regenerate on a 2+, rather than the normal 4+. It must be declared before the dice is rolled that this ability will be used.

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on Feb 10, 2020 - 00:34; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2020 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:
DrDeath wrote:

It is possible as I know. You can award extra skills, manually set SPPs, add/remove injuries, etc.

I would go for regular rosters, make the coaches create the players, then edit the players manually to match the legendary teams.

Cool! I thought you could. But now I'm looking I cannot see how.

Edit: OK, got it. On edit player, the SPP value is a link.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2020 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

(You might have to be ruleset admin as well.) Once you have the privilege, you should see some extra links below the player name. To edit SPP just click on the SPP value of any player (negative values are possible too). Same with injuries.

What is important to add skills in two steps, first as skill reward, and then replace the skill with the regular one (Edit Skills)!
As the add skill reward adds not the regular skill but the tournament award (T) version.

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2020 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice Adam that's great! I assume if I set myself up as the League Admin once the league is created, I will automatically be the ruleset admin too? And if I add skill rewards will those be properly costed in the players' value afterwards, or will I need to set that manually too?
 Jump to: