23 coaches online • Server time: 09:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best John Carpenter film?
Halloween
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Dark Star
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Assault on Precinct 13
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Escape from New York
11%
 11%  [ 8 ]
The Thing
30%
 30%  [ 22 ]
Starman
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Prince of Darkness
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Big Trouble in Little China
27%
 27%  [ 20 ]
They Live
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
In the Mouth of Madness
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 72

Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2019 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

These appear to be the new positionals heading to the hafling team

Fling catcher 0-2: 5/2/3/6 catch/right stuff/dodge/ sprint/ stunty for 50k A
Fling hefty 0-2: 5/2/3/7 statline with dodge /fend/ stunty for 50k AP

As a huge fling fan I can't say I'm happy with these, the catcher is so so, but the hefty seems like a waste of space.

Thoughts?

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2019 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
These appear to be the new positionals heading to the hafling team

Fling catcher 0-2: 5/2/3/6 catch/right stuff/dodge/ sprint/ stunty for 50k A
Fling hefty 0-2: 5/2/3/7 statline with dodge /fend/ stunty for 50k AP

As a huge fling fan I can't say I'm happy with these, the catcher is so so, but the hefty seems like a waste of space.

Thoughts?

I think it gives a 'little' help to them. It gives me some hope that they will remove sure feet from bull centaurs Very Happy

All in all wont make a huge difference, but at least they will be a bit less vanilla now. The heftys will be decent for having leader.

Main thought i had is this is good news for Fumbbl. The more the rosters start to deviate, the more people will get frustrated with BB2 and come back to the light.
Zed

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2019 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Need a little time to weap the tears before i comment.

Ok ok i'm calm now, this is nothing great but we take it , tks a lot dear master GW, as garion resumed it, leader on one hefty, maybe making him the first carrier to take the heat with sure hands and fend.

Sprinters are cool,2 skills extra for 20 k more only, gonna be a pain to get those + ag on them now but could make for great legends with extra skills compare to before.

2 positionnals with access agility and general is all i ever asked, same stats, let's wait for the next edition.

Last edited by Zed on Apr 11, 2019 - 22:42; edited 2 times in total
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2019 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Only thing Flings need (in fact any flying Stunty) was to allow Sure Feet to be used on a Landing roll for Throw Team actions.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2019 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The catcher looks like a not bad player. If he can land, he'll make 1ttd more possible that needs the help.

He's not game breaking, but he adds a new element to a fresh fling team. (Sorta the same way the doomdiver did for gobbos. It's not enough to make them a good team, but it's a help.)
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2019 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hefty seems like a total waste of tv to me.

Catcher is ok. I'll likely take them. Though id rather they just left the roster alone really. I loved how basic it was.

New inducements in spike are utterly worthless.

I'll be interested to see the full star player list.

I believe they have a pie thrower bombardier, a fling riding a ram, and a tackle wrestle dp star who looks pretty good

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2019 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

On a starting team a sure hands could be helping but yeah, they should have dropped stunty then too to make of him somewhat reliable as a thrower since they drop right stuff anyway.

Edit: idiot here, sure hands is general, hefty is crap

Last edited by Zed on Apr 11, 2019 - 22:55; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2019 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

P access seems stupid as well. It's only there for easy leader which they don't need.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2019 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
P access seems stupid as well. It's only there for easy leader which they don't need.

... and Hail Mary Pass, which would have to be after a wacky turn of already having tossed someone that didn't get killed the turn between turns.

I love the idea of Sure Feet adding to stunties landing rolls... that would've been all they needed.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2019 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow if halflings and gobbos got a boost then Ogres will too? I guess a marginally more useful snot player.
Catcher is decent value and the hefty will be useful on los and limiting follow up hits. The idea of one being a passer and other receiver won’t get much mileage though.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2019 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

As a tournament fling player I can see one use for the hefty - leader caddie. Depending on the TV amount and skill format I will take one RR, the chef and use a double for leader. This doesn't always work if doubles are limited so a RR with normal skill access might be workable. The extra AV can help keep the little fellow on the pitch at least until the leader RR is used in the 2nd half.

The stars looked decent (images got pulled before I could get a good look) but I'm in the 'meh' side for the roster. Looked like Deeproot now has timm-ber, so, bonus.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2019 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure i would want leader on such a soft player. but yeah probs worth a spin in TT resurrection tourney scene. Having a leader carry may well direct a lot of hits his way, saving your other players from being pummelled. Would be interesting to count how many times he was blocked/blitzed over other players. I think it also depends on the rules mind and how much you have to spend, plus star player rules.
That Wrestle Tackle DP star looks great.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2019 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro wrote:
Garion wrote:

... and Hail Mary Pass, which would have to be after a wacky turn of already having tossed someone that didn't get killed the turn between turns.

I love the idea of Sure Feet adding to stunties landing rolls... that would've been all they needed.

Hail Mary Pass seems like the hilarious choice. All you need is the card that gives them bombadier and you got hilarious monster right there.
NairoD

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2019 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

They had one in new star players (bombardier). Sadly she dont have HMP
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2019 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

NairoD wrote:
They had one in new star players (bombardier). Sadly she dont have HMP

yeah the pie thrower