37 coaches online • Server time: 13:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razmus

Post   Posted: May 02, 2019 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought I understood the purpose of TW (Tournament Weight). I thought it was the equivalent to TV (Tournament Value) after all the missing players were returned to the team. Why does it include the value of Journeymen players who won't stay with the team after the missing players return?

koadah

Post   Posted: May 02, 2019 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional.

I don't know how this is handled in the "competitive" divisions.

The way I do it, if a journeyman is covering for a MNG player then I don't count the journeymen as part of TW.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2019 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I dislike that there's no way to dismiss journeymen from a team without readying it.

It's not hard to do the calculations manually but it messes up things like this and it can easily make you miscalculate your TV for your next game as well if you aren't paying attention.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 02, 2019 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah this has been brought up before, the Journeymen that will go away really shouldn't count. Not sure why it was never changed, maybe technical reasons?
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

(The previous post by malkovich1987 is probably a spam.)

Anyway, this question has some actuality:

There is a debate in CIBBL after we bracketed the 100ish teams to 5 brackets TW based.
It seems that MNGs and also Journeymen contribute to the TW. A team with 4 MNG players and 4 journeymen 70k each would have a 280k lower TW if the 4 players would not be injured.

That is considered as a bug in the TW formula by many.

We probably replace TW calculation with our own which will calculate with Max(MNG value, Journeymen value) instead of adding both to the TW sum.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2020 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be cool to have this 'fixed'.

Jump to: