47 coaches online • Server time: 20:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: May 15, 2019 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

wot doez libashunz an pontifikatin meen? Az yew eeten a fesauruz?
Bazakastine

Post   Posted: May 15, 2019 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

All qualifiers started. All teams were accepted so most people have a round 1 bye. If your qualifier only has 16 you have 2 weeks to play round 1.
PainState

Post   Posted: May 15, 2019 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford is sitting on the edge of his bed, holding his head between both hands. Has that dry throat and pounding head ache. He hears the second floor explode in fan fare and cheering. Some one is banging on the door that he missed the draw and that the 3rd floor has been taken over by the Hellbound Charioteers.

Milford staggers over to the bar and pours himself a stiff one and contemplates if he is going to survive the CoS or end up back in rehab.

Could we have a admin post the racial breakdown of CoS by race/participants please...Milford is in no state to perform this function right now.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2019 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Qualifier 1
Dark Elves 16
Humans 3
Goblins 1

Qualifier 2
Dwarves 12
Undead 3
Pact 2

Qualifier 3
Chaos 11
Amazons 4
Norse 1

Qualifier 4
Chaos Dwarves 10
Slann 4
Elven Union 2

Qualifier 5
High Elves 10
Orcs 5
Halflings 1

Qualifier 6
Lizards 10
Skaven 7
Khemri 1

Qualifier 7
Vampires 10
Nurgle 8

Qualifier 8
Necro 9
Wood Elves 9

No underworld or Ogres applied.

Ties were broken by a dice roll.

Goblins and Elven Union switched qualifiers so every qualifier would have at least 16. (Did not want anyone to only have to play 3 games to win their qualifier when others need 5 )
DrPoods

Post   Posted: May 16, 2019 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I, for one, welcome our tournament overlord and will volunteer myself to assist in the genocidal pogroms to come.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2019 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Just glancing over things, it looks like this will be a tough tourney, for everyone and I am not sure there could be a Favourite
But there Sure are a lot of damn good teams!!!

mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 16, 2019 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Love my bracket, love my team.
CroixFer

Post   Posted: May 16, 2019 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Have anyone noticed this player:
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12168507

can´t find the words to describe it... guess his team can easily win the tourney...
CroixFer

Post   Posted: May 16, 2019 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

not to speak about the rest of his team-mates...
https://fumbbl.com/p/team?op=view&team_id=623250
Cloggy

Post   Posted: May 16, 2019 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

That bunch of n00bs only has 4 legendary vamps. The bunch I drew has 5 Smile

Post   Posted: May 16, 2019 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm undead team surrounded by uber dwarf teams... I'm in trouble!

Post   Posted: May 16, 2019 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the CoS **

Well FUMBBL fans I could not take it any more and locked my self up in the penthouse to break down the CoS draw. I needed to take a break from the party happening downstairs. Even though I put the do not disturb tag on my door people kept banging on my door telling me Iam missing the party and informing me of the latest update on the gravity bong 100oz of beer challenge. As it stands right now the Hellbound lead the chug contest 7-5 over the Buccaneers with 4 players left to square off. Looks like the Hellbound have the edge coming down the stretch because the Bucs will have to recruit a J-man chugger.

Well now onto the news from the CoS. Here is the count of teams and lets dive right into these qualifiers to see who has the “edge” right out of the gate.

Here are the top 8 races

#1 Dark Elves: strong showing for the darkies here. We all know they are a solid tournament team and this just confirms that. 16 teams

#2 Dwarf: Well the dorfs showed up in force to this one. Do the dwarfs know something I don’t? 12 teams

#3 Chaos: This group is highlighted by some of the legendary and down right nasty chaos teams found on FUMBBL. This will be a battle royal going on in this group. 11 Teams

#4 Chaos Dwarf: Solid lineups in this group and I would not be surprised if the winner of this group goes on to the semi’s in the main draw. 10 teams

#5 High Elf: What is up with all this love of HE’s going on? I will dive deeper into this but I think that HE love is found in the Box. 10 teams

#6 Lizardman: Wowza….some really solid teams found here. This might be the most highly competitive group. 10 teams

#7 Vampire: WOW, who opened up the crypts and let out all the legend vamps? CoS is being overrun by 500 year old vampires. 10 teams.

#8 Necro and Woodies are tied at 9 teams each. Very interesting qualifier this one will be. Wolves VS dancers always is an interesting match up. Iam not surprised by the number of teams for each race.

#9 Nurgle: Iam acutally surprised that the number is this low. Only 8 Nurgs decided to enter. Maybe the heat and lack of humidity is not good for Nurgle rot.

#10 Skaven: These guys have seemed to trail off in majors of late. Maybe the CoS will be when they remind everyone that Skaven can win majors. 7 Teams

#11 Orc: I have to say Iam shocked at such a low turn out for one of the better races in Blood Bowl. Most of the time it seems like every other match is a orc team. Is there some war going on somewhere that have the orcs distracted from Blood Bowl? 5 Teams

#12 Humans: Sadly only 3 defenders of humanity showed up BUT Humans get stuck with the Dark Elves in qualifier #1…..Humanity might have a chance in this one. Humans VS DE’s is a good match up for both sides.

#13 and beyond….will one of the dregs of the CoS rise up and surprise us? Can Pact man up and win a qualifier? What happened to the pride of Khemri? Are you joking that the Khemri major of the year only draws one Khemri team?

Post   Posted: May 16, 2019 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford is back on the balcony with his umbrella, sporting his sunglasses, got his khaki shorts on and a his favorite Hawaiian shirt. On his stand next to him he has a stack of analytic data sheets he has been looking over for the last 4 hours. He is getting set to break down each qualifier and give the fans some real insight into the CoS.

Suddenly with a violent explosion of force his front door to the pent house blows off the hinges. Milford lowers his head and closes his eyes and thinks to himself that he lives an insane life style.

“ MILFORD!!!! MILFORD!!!!!! Where in the hell are you?”
a shadow forms over Milford…he looks up and sees the 8ft 4 frame of Krikack the Avatar of Malice standing over him. His umbrella is now flying 20 stories down onto the front street impaling a skeletal hot dog vendor.

“Hello Krikack..Your going to fix my front door right?”
Suddenly Krikack, with his big fist, fast as a lightning bolt, grabs him and lifts him out of his chair. He pulls milford off the ground until they are nose to nose. Milford can smell the whiskey, ale, beer and ginger ale? Coming off his breath.

“Milford you are the only human I can count on right now. The chugging contest is 8-7 right now. You have to come down stairs and be our J-man chugger!!!! You NEED TO WIN DAMMIT!!!!! The tie breaker is me VS DiMaio and I want to kick his ass at chugging so you better win.”

Milford resigns himself to his fate, pats Krikack on the shoulder

“You can count on me big guy…I got this. You will have your OT show down with that prima dona DiMaio”
Krikack lets out a big smile and lowers Milford, pats him on the chest and knocks the breath out of Milford. Krikack and Milford walk back into the penthouse and Bo Jackson is looking at the fully loaded bar and lifting the bottles up and giving them a side ways glance.

“Hey Milford are you sure this crap is safe to drink? Some of these bottles are like a 1000 years old.”

Post   Posted: May 17, 2019 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Superb intros Milford! Your predictions may be out to lunch, but you sure pour on the atmosphere.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2019 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the CoS **
Well I dispatched that 100oz gravity bong challenge like a boss and then witnessed Krikack defeat DiMaio in overtime with a record breaking 27 second chug of a 100oz. As the celebration started to kick off for winning the chug contest I snuck out the side door and went back up the penthouse to break down these qualifiers.

Here is the first group I broke down using my new analytic data sheets.

Qualifier #8
Wood Elf VS Necro

Top teams to make the final
ImageLupus Necrotus This is one nasty looking Necro team. They have the +stat on the roster and looking like a top team in this qualifier.

ImageRegenesis Seed Very nice WE team we got here. +Stat and the roster looks good top to bottom.

Dark Horse pick
ImageWoodhead Wanderers Going to be tough for the Wanderers as they have to win 5 games to take the qualifier.

Milfords upset special
ImageStage and Glory kinda of hedging my bet on this one since Stage and Glory faces Necrotus in the first round of qualification. I do think those two teams are the best two in the entire qualifier.

Winner of group #8
Necrotus takes this group on the strength of their +stats and very nice wolves.

This group should be very tight and I think if Necrotus goes down the Woodelves will take the qualifier. I always lean towards elves in a major.