50 coaches online • Server time: 20:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bancobat

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2019 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Menonaloco : i don’t understand why it will be less effective, you still don’t have to schedule, you just go in line and wait, the chances to be drawn quicker worth the deal I think.

Koadah : it is already really easy to fix matches, let’s say if you don’t reach 7-8 players activating which is quite rare now. I agree it’s the most bad aspect of the idea but I think this point can be solved too.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2019 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Nope. This will not be implemented due to fear of match fixing. This is why there must be 4 teams in a draw.

The pool also gives the chance of better matches so hopefully fewer people quitting.

That issue could be solved by requiring a minimum number of games to be played before you could be drawn against the same player again (say 10 or 6, if that is too many). The way match fixing is dealt with in R is by the '1-in-10' rule.

So, allow 2-player activations, so they can generate some games, but with the minimum game repeat matchup restriction. Will give more games and match fixing is still prevented.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2019 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to bancobat's "activate and find a game as soon as possible" suggestion applying the "1-in-10" rule to prevent playing too often vs the same coach.
It could be useful to add an expiration time (5 minutes?) to this activation, so it doesn't last forever.
Otherwise, a coach could activate, forget it, and go offline.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2019 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is what we do. We all arrange a set time for black box. Everyone puts their name into a hat on discord. Someone randomly gets picked and that person mono activates a high tv (preferably kill) team, at least 2 other coaches not picked activate only teams in rookie protection. Minmaxer gets picked off by the high tv coach. Everyone else activates 15 mins later.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2019 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds fun. Sign me up for that DISCORD chat channel.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2019 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha ha! I'd be up for trying some of that too. We can take turns being the 'kill team' Very Happy

Kinda like the old 'Dwarf Mangling Union'. Minmaxer Mangling Union? Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
bancobat

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2019 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
+1 to bancobat's "activate and find a game as soon as possible" suggestion applying the "1-in-10" rule to prevent playing too often vs the same coach.
It could be useful to add an expiration time (5 minutes?) to this activation, so it doesn't last forever.
Otherwise, a coach could activate, forget it, and go offline.

Yes but anyway, It seems that Christer thinks the scheduler is in its best configuration so I guess it will stay as it is now for a while. It was just an idea.

But even if it’s the case in a pairing/stats way, I think it still generates issues on a UX level. That’s why I put an idea even if I know the subject is more or less close.
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2019 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

hey bancobat, now that i see what your idea was about, yeah, it would lead to a lot of abuse like that.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2019 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I see we're now at the point that the old threads complaining about tv gaps vs rash used to get to - open suggestions of rigging the scheduler.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2019 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The trophy pushes coaches to play newish teams instead of old and high TV ones. With more of those teams, there would be fewer matchups the OP complains about.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2019 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
I see we're now at the point that the old threads complaining about tv gaps vs rash used to get to - open suggestions of rigging the scheduler.

Never ending stoooooooryyyyyy !!!
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2019 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

SzieberthAdam wrote:
The trophy pushes coaches to play newish teams instead of old and high TV ones. With more of those teams, there would be fewer matchups the OP complains about.

Before the Trophy, most teams didn't play more than 10 games.

It may be that the Trophy encourages people to push on to nearer 30 games.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2019 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Good point koadah.

It would be nice for a subsequent trophy to allow and encourage (some point bonus) a 30 games team of the previous squad to be included.

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2019 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4078484

Seriously! Box pairs 2660 Chaos with my 970 UW instead of my 1470 Pact. What a joke.
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2019 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

smallman wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4078484

Seriously! Box pairs 2660 Chaos with my 970 UW instead of my 1470 Pact. What a joke.

Laughing