39 coaches online • Server time: 13:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Give block or pro
Block
100%
 100%  [ 25 ]
Pro
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

Milman

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 05:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Got a double on my first (of 6ogres).
What skill do i give him best?
Block or pro?
Vs allot of teams block will be great for offensive reasons
But pro is a 50% chance not going bonehead or getting a roll you like more(without the teamreroll)

What do you guys think and why?
DeeKay

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Block is more reliable. If you take Block, you know what it does and the role the Ogre can take in a purely defensive play or if you feel like smashing in the odd lineman. Not only that, but it deters people from just throwing Blitzers at that player. Pro only allows for a potential benefit and even then, it only works half of the time. You just can't rely on it in the same way.

However, that's just my opinion.

With regards,
Dan.
smallman

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres need to hurt some players to have a chance, so block best first. Giving pro to next double is fine.
Joost

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Block is best
Sableheart

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

If a player has pro, you only use it if you can afford to fail the roll (if the roll is important enough to reroll a failed pro roll, you're better off just using a reroll on the original throw). So if you use pro, you don't actually save a reroll.

A both down, on the other hand, would cause a turnover. This means that if you roll skull/both down or both down/both down, block will save you a reroll that you would have actually used.

And it's not like that situation is unlikely either. The 3/36 chance is higher then the chance of pro turning a bonehead (1/6) succesfully (1/2) to a non-bonehead (5/6).

If you're worried about actually saving rerolls, you're probably better off with block.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Block.

Sableheart wrote:
If a player has pro, you only use it if you can afford to fail the roll (if the roll is important enough to reroll a failed pro roll, you're better off just using a reroll on the original throw).

Little exception: if you already used a rr on that turn (for example due to double skull at start of turn), you are going to use Pro to rr a failure.
So, you don't use Pro only if you can afford to fail the roll, sometimes you will be forced to use it for important rolls as well due to lack of rr.
Sableheart

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Block.

Sableheart wrote:
If a player has pro, you only use it if you can afford to fail the roll (if the roll is important enough to reroll a failed pro roll, you're better off just using a reroll on the original throw).

Little exception: if you already used a rr on that turn (for example due to double skull at start of turn), you are going to use Pro to rr a failure.
So, you don't use Pro only if you can afford to fail the roll, sometimes you will be forced to use it for important rolls as well due to lack of rr.
True, but in that situation you still don't save a reroll, unless you used the earlier reroll in the knowledge that you would have pro to fall back on here.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Block is extremely important. Probably if you manage to get a few blockers then go for tackle on 1 for his 2nd double. Maybe then go for pros if you are lucky to have more doubles. Though dodge is worth considering for 2nd too, particularly with break tacklers.
Pro would be good for boneheads in that you aren't tempted to use a team reroll on them. Whenever I do rr bonehead I always seem to need the team reroll soon after in that turn. But you still wont use it loads individually. It is useful but not as much as for vampires.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

First Ogre: Block
Second Ogre: Block
After that, you might consider Sure Hands, Tackle, and/or Frenzy.
Pro is for Loners ... with Block. I could see it on a third double, after Block and one of the three others I mentioned.