38 coaches online • Server time: 10:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Quentimblake

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2019 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all,

A member of my local blood bowl league is moving to Chicago in October and I want to try to use Fumbbl to keep them in the league and playing matches against other members. However, we’d also like to keep playing the rest of the season’s matches face-to-face. Does that all make sense?

So my question is this: Is there a way for my league members to create teams on FUMMBL and to input things like skills or stat increases etc. remotely without earning them in a league? Even if that means we can only play against each other? That way we could play our online matches against our member overseas and then continue the rest of the league face to face, updating our teams as we do so.

Please let me know and thanks for all the support.
tussock

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2019 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, if you've got standard BB16 teams, start a group, make it a league with ruleset 6.

Create starting league teams, join the group, admin then imports the teams via the group teams page, and then group admin can ...

Add cash.
Add SPPs to players.
Give skill rolls to players.
Give or remove injuries to players.
Modify skills on players to any other skill.
Ready and unready teams.

You can add as many people to group admin as you like, so everyone could just update their own teams after each game, use the site here to track most things, or even use the site to make your skill rolls for the regular league and stuff.

The games played with the distant coach can be listed from his team. Should be easy from there.

Edit: Maybe want to make your own ruleset depending on how you work other rules, ruleset 6 is standard fumbbl league, plus Simyin, and the NAF Khorne and Brett teams.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2019 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

You need to be careful what you do. Everything is possible, but maybe not the most intuitive. If you do it one way, and it does not work, then ask why, and solution will be found.

The most common mistake is adding a skill reward through group admin role, and fail to swap that skill reward to a normal skill. Reward does NOT count towards a skill slot, and costs always 20k, whereas normal skill works as intended. (And there is no way to add normal skill directly, you have to add reward first, and replace one by one.)

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2019 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you both so much!!! I've just had a go and it looks like with some hassle, it'll work! Probably will take a bit of trial and error but it's definitely looking good.

Thanks again.
Arkhavius

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2020 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
I'm trying to do the same thing, I play in a real life league with friends but now I'm 1000km away...

I created a group, but didn't find the "ruleset6" as you said.I can add some team, but can't see how to change them...
May I have some help?
Frylen

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2020 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I’d recommend making a new rule set so you can alter the starting team value. Teams you import from tabletop has to be able to buy up fan factor (since that is something you can’t do later). Easiest is to give a huge sum and then correct it as an admin once the coach has bought all the players, fan factor, assistant coaches etcetera he/she needs. Then award custom spps and let the coach do the rolls (and take anything on those skill rolls) then end the procedure by editing the skills and replacing the skills to the correct ones plus adding injuries. Don’t forget to click ‘Magic fix’ on the team to refresh the settings to the site and you are set to go with the team in your league.

Unfortunately any game played on table top with fan factor change will cause a mismatch:(
Arkhavius

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2020 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Where have I to click to make a new rule set?

The league has already started in real life, and I have a player who gain +1FOR, may I change it?
Frylen

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2020 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset
Arkhavius

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks it helps me,butit's really not intuitive, I'm trying for 4 hours to find how to do all the things.
How to be sure I create a new ruleset?
How use this ruleset in a home league?

All of this is just to do custom match (i'm the only one on internet the other are together), there is'nt easier?
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure that you need a custom ruleset if you are using regular teams and regular rules.
You may be able to get away with giving the teams more money and switching them back to "unready".

On the group home page select "More", then "Edit Group Info".
Set "Group type" to "League".
Set "Ruleset Id" to 6.

As someone mentioned you may have trouble with fan factor.
You also cannot edit re-rolls, assistant coaches, cheerleaders or apoth. Those are less of an issue as your coaches can add those.

It would be cool if the commish could do it though.

I feel another feature request coming on. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2020 - 06:26 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as one remember to prioritize buying fan factor immediately it can be done through the standard ruleset as well, as Koadah says. Since buying fan factor right now is a once in a team lifetime possibility, though - it’s the main obstacle in order to copy an existing team into a new one one on fumbbl.

I personally prefer adding more start money to a new ruleset since the standard settings are preset when you create it. Just changing the starting money makes the possibility to also buy the correct players to a team immediately. For instance an ogre team risks wasting the money and opportunity on just positionals if the coach is unaware of the importance of buying fan factor before submitting the team for the first time.
 Jump to: