49 coaches online • Server time: 20:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Strider84

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats Bibi on tying up with Malmir.

I can't catch you guy anymore now, but I still have a chance to steal both of Malmir's racial leads if I either:

- win my last High elf game
- Win 2.5 points in my last 4 Khremri games.

Both are probably about the same odds Smile

DrDeath though will most likely steal away the Pro elf lead from bibi (needs 2.5 in his last 4 games), and with 5 wins in his last 5 games could still be overall winner!

So who is it gonna be?

Bibi, Malmir, DrDeath or all 3 together? suspense till the last day!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 09:34
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:

bghandras could get there. If he gets his 30 game bonus points and takes the fling race title. That means he'll need 18.5 points from 29 games.

I think he may have the capability, but does he have the time?

10 days.....
Chivite

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

It is fierce tense!
Mattius

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2019 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm all out!

I did worse than last year and no racial leads, but overall actually quite happy and learned a lot. I had a run of something like 25 games without a win early on which was rough!

Elven Union: 16/7/7
Got me into playing pro elves on table top as well where I'm 13/7/1 across naf and league. So quite happy on this.

Norse: 15/6/9
Had some good runs in the end. Fun team and I leaned a lot(IE don't take a Yeti)

Slaan: 10/12/8
This was tough! Again learned a lot, just not sure if Slaan can ever be that competitive in the box?

Orcs: 6/14/10
So in my head with this tier 1 team, it would be easy Street. Fact is I have a lot to learn about bash and it isn't as easy as it looks. I have more respect now for orc players than before. Very challenging, a lot to learn still.

Vamps: 7/8/15
Last year I nearly had the racial lead for vamps, this year it was very poor. I made the mistake of skilling up Thrall. Never got enough vamps untill too late.

Looking forward to next year. Only suggestion would be perhaps 4 teams instead of 5? Unlikely to have the same time to spare.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2019 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:

I can't catch you guy anymore now, but I still have a chance to steal both of Malmir's racial leads if I either:

DrDeath though will most likely steal away the Pro elf lead from bibi (needs 2.5 in his last 4 games), and with 5 wins in his last 5 games could still be overall winner!

So who is it gonna be?

update: my high elves failed a crucial all-in move with 4+ 1 dice on the ball carrier to turn a tie into a possible win. The dodge went well but a double skull sealed the tie and a shared racial win with Malmir, so no help for Bibi from my side yet. Khemri also took a loss so need 2.5 points in 3 games which is tough.

DrDeath still going strong sniping down some goblins. Pro elf racial lead almost secured (1.5 out of 3), Overall victory still possible.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2019 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

6 days remaining for season 2 and I could finally overcome the trophy's biggest challenge: finishing. If I didn't miscount I am the 26th to do it with another 6 coaches having 6 or less games pending, including DrDeath who could still win the top spot.

It was a lot of fun but also very frustrating at times, esp. during my late rush to finish as I had to play 2 games per day over 2 or 3 weeks which too much for me if I want to keep a good attitude.^^ I tried out a few races, learned a lot of new things about the game and came away much better than I expected with just over 100 points and some racial badges (earned with losing records, so cheesy!).

So thanks for the fun, see you all in a week for season 3!
PrivateNiCeGuY

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2019 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

We did it!!!
150 with time to spare (atleast some time to spare)
startet my FUMBBL journey and 5th game ever on FUMBBL was with my trophy Slan and the 150th trophy game was with the same sad slan team.
Was rough and I learnd that I have loots to learn...
But rank 26 so far is alot better then I would have hoped for when I started
Looking forward to next season (where I dont play Slan)!

Cya all in the box Arrow Cool
Strider84

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2019 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:
Strider84 wrote:

So who is it gonna be?

update: my high elves failed a crucial all-in move with 4+ 1 dice on the ball carrier to turn a tie into a possible win. The dodge went well but a double skull sealed the tie and a shared racial win with Malmir, so no help for Bibi from my side yet. Khemri also took a loss so need 2.5 points in 3 games which is tough.

DrDeath still going strong sniping down some goblins. Pro elf racial lead almost secured (1.5 out of 3), Overall victory still possible.

Another update on the Blackbox Trophy S2 finish line:

My Khemri have snatched away the racial lead from Malmir, making Bibi the sole leader for the moment. DrDeath though is just about through to steal the Pro elf lead from Bibi and claim the overall win for himself.
fidius

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2019 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

This race is actually pretty compelling. Nice updates you guys.

I have one request for this coming season however. Teams named "Box Trophy <race>" and the like are really lazy. You've had all year to think up some names -- be creative! Besides which, such names are arguably against Fumbbl site rules.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2019 - 06:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Grats Dr Death (assuming you get your last 2 games played). Great effort, and an exciting end to the tournament.

Any potential spoilers to Dr Death's title? Can anyone rip the pro elf lead from him?
BiBi

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2019 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like Dr Death can't be stopped now. Grats mate Smile
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2019 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome finish, hats off to the top three, really amazing performance by all of you.
fxiii

Post 18 Posted: Sep 27, 2019 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

BiBi wrote:
Looks like Dr Death can't be stopped now. Grats mate Smile

scissors on Internet cable can stop anyone, just an idea Rolling Eyes
BiBi

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2019 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't find his address. A nuke on Exeter city would solve this, but that's slighty overkill isn't it ? :-/
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2019 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Finished! 3 days to spare Smile
Unimpressive result but who cares!