51 coaches online • Server time: 22:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Joost

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2019 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

BiBi wrote:
Can't find his address. A nuke on Exeter city would solve this, but that's slighty overkill isn't it ? :-/

yeah, those nukes don't come cheap. Such a monetary investment might be too much for the bragging rights. But I'm not sure...
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2019 - 19:34
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations on such a fine race to Malmir, BiBi, DrDeath, Strider84 and every other box player, trophy or not. What a season!

BB trophy season 2 exploding into a dramatic finish, points flying in every direction
but it is all but mathematically over now. DrDeath, if he completes his final 2 games, wins. The 2 finishing points and the racial lead one will give him, and rob BiBi of, will see him top, even if he concedes both. Malmir also lost 1.5 to Strider84 last night making those final 2 games so irrelevant.
when strider took Khemri top race spot from him.
Strider84 technically could come top if he played, and won all his remaining games, but time is too short, he left it slightly too late. and the win rate required would be pretty epic.

Roll on season 3.

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2019 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Spartako could also win all his elf game and steal elf racial lead from Dr death, but not sure he's available to do that in the next 3 days Wink
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2019 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, ah yes the good old nuke card. 1,000,000 gp, play at the start of turn 1. All players are killed and the game immediately ends 0-0, but both sides may return next game as 1000tv Khemri.

Well just got another win with the high elfs, so that should seal it - even if someone goes on a late mega-run with Pro Elfs I would still tie with Bibi and Malmir I think. So in the words of the late, great wood elf coach Briannor Cloughil 'I may not be the best coach … but I'm in the top 1' Very Happy

On a serious note though, well done to all who have completed it, and congratulations to Malmir and Bibi who posted great scores. It was an enthralling race, so tight - to have it decided by just a few points at the end after 150 games is crazy. To quote another manager, the last couple of months have been 'squeaky bum time' trying to chase those scores down. Especially when my high elfs - who had been performing so well for most of the season - completed imploded with stacks of 1s and skulls about 10 games ago! It was looking very uncomfortable, but ironically my worst team of the opening rounds - my knackered Pro Elfs - turned it round and went 7-2-0 I think in their last 9 games. I should also thank Strider who did me a huge favour by taking the Khemri lead last night, and pretty much all my opponents for lots of nice and fun games. This competition has done great things for the Box, nice variety in there now at all TV levels - that and the loss of Piling-on have made it a fun place to play again I think. Let's hope even more players take part next season!
Malmir

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2019 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats Dr Death. A very fun season with an exciting finish. I paid for a poor start in the end, but very happy with joint 2nd (assuming Dr Death plays his last match).
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2019 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Kudos and congratulations DrDeath, BiBi and Malmir!
Long live the Box!
 Jump to: