26 coaches online • Server time: 11:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NickNutria

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2019 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there, I always kick first, no matter what team, but it might be no good idea to do so as I only win 40% of my games Smile

I'm doing best with this style when I play slann or woodies.
Harad

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2019 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to kick but I seem to remember bghandras receives which gave me pause for thought.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2019 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
I tend to kick but I seem to remember bghandras receives which gave me pause for thought.

I (almost) always receive when i can. The reasoning is simple. I would like to be the one who has first (4) shot(s) at lucky CAS. I like to start with bash even with dash teams, and barring really huge disparity of bash potential, also able to follow up with blocking initiatives which gives me further chances to be lucky and eliminate an opposing player.

My concept of bbowl at the highest level boils down to 2 major factors:
1. Seek advantages in matchups between players. (1 on 1 mostly, but also 2 vs 2 or X vs Y.)
2. Play the clock. At turn 1 every team is bash, and turn16 every team is dash. (Assuming they play for the win.)

The logic behind the 2nd principle is that the 1st turn takeout has the best return on investment, and takeout is close to irrelevant (compared to stun) in very late turns.

The logic behind the 2nd principle also suggests that it is better to receive first.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2019 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
Logic is even simpler: if you bash, receive. If you are fragile AND can steal the ball, kick. Otherwise, receive.

Not that simple imo.

I weight in my head stuff like "is it easier to attempt stop/steal with 11 players or is it easier to stall for 7-8 turn score with full 11".

Answer is (most of the time) different for lets say darkelves or highelves in contrast to likes of slann and woodies.. and amount of overstrenght, standfirm, surehands, tentacles, mightyblow, guard etc from opposing side is a huge factor when it comes to this (not in that particular order).

Edit: Also what matters is if:
- i have bench
- do i have reliable way to oneturn (vs does oppo have antioneturn tools)
- do i have kick skill which might stop his oneturning
- does opponent have kick skill and does it matter for my oneturning
- inducements (this matter less in non-wiz environment tho, Eldril working as "multiple miniwizards" is good option to consider tho)

(All was wrote from agility/dash point of view since the comment i was replying was about stealing.. which i read as being agile)
sann0638

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2019 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Soooooo, anyone have the skillz to produce the stats?

Jump to: