32 coaches online • Server time: 09:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2019 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I just submitted a team for approval and issued my first challenge. Could I get added to the group and perhaps we can play this weekend.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2019 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

For sure, it starts tomorrow!

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2019 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by MenonaLoco on Oct 23, 2021 - 23:12; edited 1 time in total
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2019 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, not really, but since everyone starts in the Pack it doesn’t matter.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2019 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 3 has its first King, it is City of Spires Sabres.

They massacred other Contender Dirty Grotty Hijinks after having played a draw in their previous meeting.
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4094907

Join the fight and see if you can rise and take them on!

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2019 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The season is over!
City of Spires Sabres held on to throne and won their first two games, one of them against challenging Queens of the Hill, who couldn't take the crown for a third season running.

The TW limit for season 4 will be 1000, so we'll be welcoming all new SL teams to join the fight! The season will start around the middle of November. The limit was decided by Nightbreed suggesting reboot, and both Contenders agreeing.

Now anyone can suggest rules or changes. This time I don't have any changes to suggest myself, as I think we are getting to a place where we want to be.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2019 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The only one I'd suggest is that challenges are more public. Once all the aspirant slots were filled and everything I made a challenge that was postponed and then... Lost track of everything so don't know if the reason it was postponed happened or we'd both lost track of it. If it's public and accessible we kind of know where everything is a little easier. "Oh I see Teams A and B have outstanding challenges, Team C are you free we'll issue a challenge to you?". Literally the only tweak I'd make though I think.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2019 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be great, but could be hard to manage.
The obvious place would be discord, but I’m hesitant to force people to join there.
Since challenges need replies it can also get confusing to follow unless each challenge has a seperate entry. Anyone with a solution is free to speak up.

Note that any postponing must come with an explanation - which rule they are using to postpone.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2019 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If you'd like I'll take on the role of "challenge admin" keep people up to date with what's going on?
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2019 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be awesome, but how would it be managed, what would work?

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2019 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

A more simple off the cuff one would be if I were copied in challenge PMs, I could do a pinned post on discord and post updates in the chain thing to let people know where things stand on that regard? That's just an instinctive thought though.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2019 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

What does "In the chain thing" mean here?

If you are willing to try for a season we can ask what other players think. Even if we agree to do this you could always drop it if it becomes too much of a hassle. Being easy to handle must continue to be an important part of playing KotH.

I'm happy you are willing to take time to make this even better Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2019 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The group PM that has updates on who is where I meant. Sorry. Brain fart while multitasking!
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2019 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Ready to start the next season.

Perhaps a thread with outstanding challenges will help. After the match, the challenger is responsible for immediately editing his post to reflect who the winner was. That way everyone can see if someone above them has already been challenged.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2019 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that would be prone to mistakes, but more importantly, it would add to the list of demands for a coach playing KotH. I still hope for this be easy going and laid back in style, so any decisions should strive to keep it simple.