32 coaches online • Server time: 01:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Mummy Skill up
Tackle
60%
 60%  [ 26 ]
Leader
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Side Step
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Diving Tackle
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other/Pie
25%
 25%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 43

Prez

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have this Mummy from my very old Undead team. Currently skilled with Block,Dodge,Guard,+1Mv

So he's rolled another Double! So thought I'd ask the greater Hive mind for opinions

I'm thinking

Tackle - At this TV level a lot of teams have Blodge
Leader - Additional handy cheap RR
Side Step - With his Blodge this will be very annoying
Diving Tackle - Not sure about this one, as he ends up on the ground,, but again useful

Not really looking at missing this double so the normal skills have to wait until the next skill roll...if there is another!

Anything else or just good old opinions

Many thanks in advance

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle. Helps bring down blodgers and nullifies dodge when trying to dodge off or past the mummy.
spinball

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly take Frenzy and you'll never (well rarely) regret it.
Timetis

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the frenzy idea a lot too.

Tackle is great, sure - makes dodging away from him eat a reroll here and there
Leader - dont be so dull!Wink
Sidestep - s5 blodgestep is very annoying - but how often does he get blocked anyways?
DT - defeats the purpose of being a big blodgie centrepiece a bit

But all in all; frenzy is where it's at!

(I had two ogres with frenzy once, they were ok!)
Java

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

he's not going to get pushed around a lot, what with needing ST6 or a successful dauntless roll AND with blodge limiting the number of useful results there. And he's got Stand Firm access on normals.

diving tackle really helps when you have stand firm, before than half dicing with a wrestler greatly dimishes the threat. If you take DT, Stand firm is obligatory (100 spps down the line)

You have 330k, if you want a reroll buy one, at this TV level 40k TV difference is peanuts

Tackle is sensible, Frenzy is fun.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 22:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Id be deciding between:

Break Tackle (forgo the double, get better use of the +MA and blodge)
tackle (because hitting)
Side Step (because blodge Sidestep mummies have always been a nightmare to face as any race)

and I'd choose BT.

To me the +MA, and the one less skill it means, limits the effectiveness of Tackle (and Frenzy) as without BT i can still tie him down easy. the dodge is therefore also defensive only, half value. get him mobile, let him dominate half the pitch with his 2+(rerolled) go anywhere.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy, so he gains further movement, while blocking. Mummies are slow, but hit hard. Double the fun, and halve the problems!

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle for me. You still have time to get break tackle later.

Frenzy is not my cup of tea. Sure it can be useful, but it can also leave you in difficult situations. Force you to gfi and so on.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go tackle or break tackle. PC's case is compelling, and would probably be enough to swing it for break tackle for me. Always tend to think bghandras is right, however, even if I don't agree...

And you have many mobile tackler/mighty blow players. You also have another break tackle mummy. Two mobile mummies sounds good. The blitz each turn is more likely to come from your wights in that team, so get the mummies where they need to be to road block rather than knock down players is probably better. Still, if it was my team, I might just bottle it and take tackle.

Last edited by Joe1982 on Nov 07, 2019 - 00:01; edited 1 time in total
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2019 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle for sure. Tackle/MB is that workhorse skill combo that Undead have a hard time getting in multiples.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2019 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy for me, you get two chances to take down dodgers so the odds ~ the same as one hit with tackle, as well as two hits on everyone else too. He's also MA4 and ST5, so frenzy's downsides are somewhat mitigated against.
juck101

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2019 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

BT would be fine. I would consider SS but with stand firm for cheaper its not that much better anyway. Tackle is ok but really ghouls and wights can do that so probably not.

edit - BT gives more than usual because of the extra ma. dodge also helps as he can potentialy hold up with blodge in a mess, which also helps with BT to get stuck in.

I would go ma4 block guard dodge: BT, SF. Stand firm has more synergy with blodge guard if you ever get thier. Nice player mate Smile
MenonaLoco

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2019 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by MenonaLoco on Oct 23, 2021 - 23:28; edited 1 time in total
boruppeter

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2019 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go for Tackle... A mummy is a roadblock and frenzy will move the mummy out of the way... And I wouldn't forego the double, but take Break Tackle as legend skill as well.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2019 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

boruppeter wrote:
I'd go for Tackle... A mummy is a roadblock and frenzy will move the mummy out of the way... And I wouldn't forego the double, but take Break Tackle as legend skill as well.

I disagree with that frenzy would be a problem. The biggest challenge with mummies on offense is to keep them moving forward while laying hits and opponent cant pow them reliably. If is so much easier with frenzy than without.

Alternatively if you sit pretty with the mummy, he will hind itself as the backend of the cage, and will not be able to assist to pull a perfect stall, as will be totally out of position by turn7. Ma3, and even 4 is so slow, needs serious planning and good execution to make it happen. Frenzy is just a fantastic tool to KEEP mummy in position in relation to the rest of the team.